Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting video off youtube

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can I take a video from youtube and save it to my computer? I want to use one, but the place I'll be showing it has youtube blocked

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    http://www.mediaconverter.org/

Or if this one doesnt work just search youtube converter into google, theres loads of websites
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    http://www.mediaconverter.org/

Or if this one doesnt work just search youtube converter into google, theres loads of websites

Awesome, thank you very very much!! :D I'm always afraid of downloading random things off the internet in case I just get a virus then get yelled at :p

And thank you too woooah for the option, I don't have firefox though and ended up using Lexi's link.
  • Options
    Did it work cos it suddenly occured to me that everytime ive done it, its just been to get the sound off, i dont know how to get the video as well?
  • Options
    Yup, video worked just fine as well. Great idea for getting sound off too, there have been some songs I've wanted recently... ;)
  • Options
    Download Helper is fine for films up to 480p, but what about 720p and 1080p?

Then your answer is Youtube Downloader HD :-)
  • Options
    http://www.keepvid.com
    http://www.zamzar.com

No need for programs. KeepVid does all YouTube in all filetypes and 260, 480, 720, 1080p.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Download Helper is fine for films up to 480p, but what about 720p and 1080p?
    Uhh... what?
  • Options
    Cheers Indrid, but I've had Download Helper for a couple of years now and I've never seen those options. I've only ever been able to save 360p and 480p using it, hence me going for Youtube Downloader HD.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Cheers Indrid, but I've had Download Helper for a couple of years now and I've never seen those options. I've only ever been able to save 360p and 480p using it, hence me going for Youtube Downloader HD.
    If you had it for a while and then upgraded, the higher resolution options would be disabled. You need to go to the settings and enable them. They should be automatically enabled for new installations.

This was said in the release notes for the update when they were added. It's a good habit to check them. :)
  • Options
    Ahhhh thanks Indrid :-) I'm fairly technical and keep up with updates etc, so I was somewhat pulling my hair out on this one!! I went into options and found the new video sizes. It even had an option for 4096x3072p O.o Your suggestion did fix my problem though, so thanks again.
  • Options
    One is glad to be of service :)
  • Options
    nah you can't do it, you can only embed on other sites
  • Options
    nah you can't do it, you can only embed on other sites
    ...Did you read any of the posts above?
  • Options