Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i've never had a best friend.

don't get me wrong, i love my friends and im glad even have friends, but all of my friends have a best friend and i don't. it gets me down. :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe you've got a lot of best friends ? :)
  • Options
    I've never really had a "best friend"
    I have some friends I am closer to than others, but I don't just have one main friend. It's better to have lots of friends, like you have, than just one person you are close to.

Is there a reason you feel you need a best friend? x
  • Options
    moonlift wrote: »
    don't get me wrong, i love my friends and im glad even have friends, but all of my friends have a best friend and i don't. it gets me down. :(

How old are you? Best friends come and go when you're young, people move on and change, your friends' best friends will likely move on to pastures new as you will yourself and you will meet new people.

I don't really have a best friend myself and haven't for a few years, I have a group of trusty and loyal associates which does me fine.
  • Options
    I had a Best Friend when i was in primary school, but now my two closest friends are amazing, i couldn't single one out, so they are my 'closest' ... the mature way of sayng best? ;p
  • Options
    yeah i dnt really have a best friend
    i have a few who are my closest friends but i couldnt single anyone of them out cos i love them all the samee :)<3 x
  • Options
    I never had a single best friend until I was like...I dunno...old. I still don't, I have three or four (or five, or six, idk) people I consider to be my BFFs, but not a single person.

It's not such a big deal, really.
  • Options
    Its not good to have just a best friend u end up getting to close and end up pissing each other off lol done it a few times hence i have no best friend, i have about 3 or 4 very close friends who i can be open with and i know for a fact that if i needed any one of them they would help me at a drop of a hat, its best like this x
  • Options
    People come and go in life... I don't really think it matters whether you have a 'best friend' or not. In a sense, it can be liberating not to be stuck with the same person all the time because it makes the transition of growing apart easier (because friends part eventually).

What matters is that you have people in your life who will watch out for you, who will teach and learn from you and who you feel comfortable and secure with.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    People come and go in life... I don't really think it matters whether you have a 'best friend' or not. In a sense, it can be liberating not to be stuck with the same person all the time because it makes the transition of growing apart easier (because friends part eventually).

What matters is that you have people in your life who will watch out for you, who will teach and learn from you and who you feel comfortable and secure with.

At least we can agree on something *hug*