Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Some advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm afraid this is another fuck buddy to something more post.

I've known this guy almost a year, we talk every day get on really well. I want to take it to the next level but he's told me twice he doesnt want a relationship. I've never fully admitted i want to make something more of it.

Recently he's invited me to spend new year with him and his family, i met his mum and step dad, he invited me to his nan's birthday meal which i had to turn down so he invited me to his work xmas do instead. To be honest it seems more like its so he isnt going alone for once.

He had a bad relationship, said he isnt sure if he wants a girlfriend again. That he doenst know if he actualy misses the closeness of a relationship or what. I wouldnt say he's just beating around the bush as he's the sort of guy who will just say what he thinks.

At times i feel like im getting somewhere with it, but at others i feel like im wasting my time chasing something that wont happen. Perhaps im just not the leggy blond bimbo of his dreams. I hate the idea of just letting go of him though, he's my best friend. I just know im gona be heat broken when he finds someone else.

Any advice? I can pretty much assume its going to be negative. I know guys dont work like girls, being invited to spend time with his family means nothing really. But is it worth sticking it out at all?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    redlucy wrote: »
    I'm afraid this is another fuck buddy to something more post.

I've known this guy almost a year, we talk every day get on really well. I want to take it to the next level but he's told me twice he doesnt want a relationship. I've never fully admitted i want to make something more of it.

Recently he's invited me to spend new year with him and his family, i met his mum and step dad, he invited me to his nan's birthday meal which i had to turn down so he invited me to his work xmas do instead. To be honest it seems more like its so he isnt going alone for once.

He had a bad relationship, said he isnt sure if he wants a girlfriend again. That he doenst know if he actualy misses the closeness of a relationship or what. I wouldnt say he's just beating around the bush as he's the sort of guy who will just say what he thinks.

At times i feel like im getting somewhere with it, but at others i feel like im wasting my time chasing something that wont happen. Perhaps im just not the leggy blond bimbo of his dreams. I hate the idea of just letting go of him though, he's my best friend. I just know im gona be heat broken when he finds someone else.

Any advice? I can pretty much assume its going to be negative. I know guys dont work like girls, being invited to spend time with his family means nothing really. But is it worth sticking it out at all?

Sounds to me like he wants you, but has issues from his previous relationship. It seems to me you ain't chasing anything, if he's invited you to a family celebration and work night out I think he must like you, I don't know any straight guys who would invite a girl to that sort of thing purely as friends.

If he's a straight up no-nonsense sort of guy, just ask him. Do you want me to come as your friend or something else? If you're going to be heart-broken when he finds someone else, the worst part of it will be knowing you didn't try to get with him and never knowing how it could have worked out if you had.