Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Good Practice amps?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im looking for a good,versatile practice amp.
Ive got the Marshall MG15FX and before that the Line 6 Spider III.The Marshall is a good,warm amp with a decent tone but it doesnt have the raw,cutting bite Im looking for in my distortion tones.
It only gives a kind of heavy AC/DC tone whereas I want to be able to get a cutting,biting Slayer or Guns Appetite tone with also a decent warm,fat clean tone.

I have a Epiphone Les Paul and like to use the Neck as well as the Bridge.
I like the Neck pickup as I can get a fat,bluesy solo tone but on my MG15 its not clear or sharp enough and sounds pretty muddy.
The Bridge is okish but again,not sharp or cutting enough.

Ive got neighbours in my block of flats though so I cant go to crazy with the power,which is a bit of a pain but I dont really wanna be kicked out!!!

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I find fender amps are decent practise amps, and instead of investing in a whole new amp when you have a pretty decent amp already why not just buy a distortion pedal, if I'm right in thinking (not entirely sure as I've not used a pedal in awhile, mostly play my acoustic guitar atm and my synth) then pedals give you the variaty of sound your looking for