Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can i pick magic mushrooms anywere near london???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can i pick magic mushrooms anywere near london??? someone said you can, and i think they said richmond park has some, if anyone knows any places near london i can find some please tell me.

also how can you tell there real, and a frend said watch out for "?????" (he named some name i cant remember) because they make you ill, anyone know how i can tell the real from the fakes?

any help please :)

Comments

• Options
    I dont think you can get them in and around london the best place's are mid to north wales
  • Options
    I'm sure there are places around london, and certainly lots near london.... (loads in bucks, berks and oxon, anyway)....

because they make you ill

Yeah, but so do the real ones, but you enjoy it a lot more with the real ones.
  • Options
    did you know that you can die from taking the wrong mushrooms? they are quite hard to identify (even from photo's). i wouldn't risk it without an experienced mycoligist (spell?) by my side.

why don't you just grow your own. it's really not that hard and you can do it in a box in your closet!! it will take you about an hour or three a week and you can trip every weekend!

spore syringe will set you back about $10-20 from which you can get pounds of shrooms... never have to buy a syringe again and a life supply of shrooms!! spores are legal in most countries... since you are just going to look at them under a microscope right?

anyways, just thought i should share...
  • Options
    great mate, but where do you get the stuff to grow them?
  • Options
    Growing from just the spore syringe is actualy a bit hard, not that hard, but if your lasy like me then you should go for the spore kits which already come in they're own medium.
    Not that I grow, I wish!
  • Options
    Well, well, well.... I AM suprised! I cant believe that no one seems to be much of a shroom user :( ....They're GREAT!!! Ive been picking every year for the last few years and even tried to grow them last time. However, growing is quite tricky....extracting a spore print from your little darlings is no problem, growing the mycelium IS. This is the bacterium from which the mushrooms are the fruit....What makes it hard is that u have to keep EVERYTHING in a sterile environment, otherwise (like i did!) you will end up growing other potentially harmful baterium that will ruin your precious little crop, thus meaning the mycelium wont fruit......But thats not what you want to know about is it?? Although I think i have it all sust now and so will try re-growing this year. :D
    Im afarid that finding magies in London is pretty unlikely, the poor little things dont tend to like city life that much and prefer the countryside (more sceneic perhaps!?)... Anyway, follow the white rabbit and you should succeed!! There are 4 main rules to follow:-
    1. Long-ish Grass- think....if the local farmer has just cut the grass, its likely he cut down the defenseless shroomage at the same time. No grass=no mushrooms

2. Animals are Essential- shroomz LOVE shit...be it horse shit, pig shit, sheep shit, cow shit etc. Sheep shit seems to be best, dont ask why but them seem more abundant in sheep fields. Oh, and its best that the animals have been in the field for at least a week or two. No Animals= no mushrooms

3. Water- water is the essence of all life, including that of the magic kind. It needs to have rained the night before or preferably the past two nights. Mushies LOVE to pop out and say hello to wet soil. If a river/stream runs near-by...even better...they usually are more abundant on the banks of the river/stream. No water=no joy

4. November- This is the ideal month of the year (that is for liberty caps). There is a type that grows as early as April!!(Panaeolus Campnulatus) But november is just rite. This is because any later will mean less shroomage due to other pickers or most likely the poor things die of cold. Earlier and they may not have matured yet, thus psilocin and psilocybin production will be lower as will potency.

Well, i hope that is useful... Also just a few facts n tips:-
    (a) There are 8 different types that grow in the UK (or at least that I know of)

(b) DONT DRY YOUR MUSHROOMS- it can actually decrease potency by 20-40%....keep them nice and fresh!

(c) Dont forget that u can FREEZE them to make them last for months!!

(d) Fields can be BIG:eek: so take some friends to help cover more ground. It once took me 4hrs to pick ONE field on my own.

(e) Head out early- it can be a lengthy process,though well rewarded. Also potency seems to decrease during the day if left unpicked.

(f) The more blue/green the end of the stem, the more potent the magie.

(g) When preparing, unless you feel absolutley physically sick at the thought of eating the mushrooms....DONT DISCARD THEM. People who do this are really, really stupid. You will end up throwing away useful material....think about it, if you make a regular cup of PG tips tea (or whatever) you discard the tea bag, even though you could use the exact same tea bag to make even more cups!! Just eat the fuckers!!! I usually grab a tin of tomato soup and just whack about 50 shrooms in heat it on the stove and just munch it, shroomz n all!.

There arev lots of good quality photos of shroomz on the net to help you know wot to look for if you dont already know, though best way is to take someone who knows wot to look for.... They are VERY distinctive and not like any other mushroom i've ever seen, so its not that difficult to find the rite ones. Once you find one, you'll never forget wot they look like. However, bare in mind that they can look slightly different in colour when wet...they usually turn a bit brown a go a bit sticky.

Well, happy hunting!!! Remember, its actually totally legal to pick shroomz, its only processing them thats not (ie putting them in soup)...oh and dont bother wasting them by trying to smoke them, it hardily does sweet F A!;)
  • Options
    You can buy growing kits in Camden too (i dont know too much about them) but they are about £40 the ones I saw were for mexican ones :eek:
  • Options
    Hey there, just to let you know we have some info on magic mushrooms on TheSite here: http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drugsafety/drugsatoz/magicmushrooms

There's also a site we link to called Shroomery which has loads of info and forums about magic mushrooms: http://www.shroomery.org/

I'd echo what other have said though, if you're not sure what you're picking then don't eat them!

:thumb:
  • Options
    wouldnt get them this time of year anyway