Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Netmums vs Mumsnet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    i have signed up to both but have only really used net mums - mainly the local boards to look at what is on where i live and check times of play groups etc
  • Options
    ive got an account at mumsnet but i dont really use it.
    I used to use babyworld
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    i have signed up to both but have only really used net mums - mainly the local boards to look at what is on where i live and check times of play groups etc

Same :yes:

I've not really used the boards or owt on either, but have found netmums better for finding people and groups in my area.
  • Options
    Do they both cater mainly for UK mums?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Do they both cater mainly for UK mums?

:yes: my mum is a mumsnetter, and from what i gather some of the original mumsnetters got pissed of with how mumsnet was being run (swearing and suchlike) and made netmums. Mind you, that's probably a bias version of events
  • Options
    not swearing? lol
  • Options
    Sorry, been away from thesite for a while, just come back and seen this thread (BTW, am delighted there is now a parenting section, I've not been around much since I had my baby as my priorities have sort of changed, so this is a welcome addition for me!).

:wave: Hello!
  • Options
    Oooooooh you have no idea how many blog hits I get from a post I wrote about these two websites. I wrote what I hoped would be quite a balanced post about my own experiences and mumsnet got wind of it and have 5 pages on their forums slagging me and my blog off and then left me over 100 abusive comments calling me various names under the sun. I did get an apology from one of the founders of mumsnet but to this day six months on people still find my blog from searching for the two!
  • Options
    From what little I've read of it, it can and does get extremely bitchy, mainly perpetrated by a small hardcore of serial offenders. The Sunday Times did a piece on it a while ago:
    http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article7026100.ece
  • Options
    Oooooooh you have no idea how many blog hits I get from a post I wrote about these two websites. I wrote what I hoped would be quite a balanced post about my own experiences and mumsnet got wind of it and have 5 pages on their forums slagging me and my blog off and then left me over 100 abusive comments calling me various names under the sun. I did get an apology from one of the founders of mumsnet but to this day six months on people still find my blog from searching for the two!

show us the blog then :p
  • Options
    I got a mumsnet fireworks night email a couple of days ago - and even their top tips made me think they were a bit cliquey and a bit scared of ever using the messge boards as even the user names all seemed to be in jokes.

Though i also met a load of net mum's mothers at baby sensory and they all seemed a bit cliquey as well though.

(but i am quite shy and pathetic)
  • Options
    I go on Netmums, mostly to read reviews (did alot when buying my pram) its got good forums and they do local meet ups (I havent been to one but know people who have)

I am addicted to Baby world tho!! I love the antenatal clubs.