Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

giving up hope

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i don't know where to begin really (a username search will revel the past), but now im at the point of giving up hope - hope that is of ever of finding that special lady.

I've tried online dating, not trying etc but i've had no luck, i've come close but always end up getting burnt/hurt/nowhere and once again i have no idea what to do - except i guess give up, face the fact im going to end up alone - i really reallt don't want to, but beyond the right here i just don't kno what other choice i have :( suggestions on a post card......help! :(

Comments

• Options
    How old are you?
  • Options
    25, i know not that old, bt all my friends are in long term relationships/married - i guess partly im loney
  • Options
    Hiya Don't give up hope it usually happens when your least expecting it to!!
    Your also still sooooo young i met my hubbi when he was 26, now near 40 lol.
    Go out enjoy the single life and when it happens it will, u will be very surprised also i always think people who look like they are having a great time and not on the prowl for a partner are much more appealing because u don't come across as being desperate.
    Hope this helps goodluck enjoy now! x
  • Options
    I'd say, love will come to you when your sooo busy. Keep yourself busy with stuff you like doing. Like videogame store? music store? local cafe? Maybe an old time friend? although that's thin ice there. But yeah. Love will find you when you least expect it. As for dealing with the loneliness, you have to controll that one yourself :)
  • Options
    I do keep busy - silly busy in fact, aside from work (which at the moment i almost live here - but thats another story) im a scout leader, and also into classic cars (sad for a 25 year old i know), so busy isn't the problem, i just don't seem to meet the right person - nothing seems to last beyond 1st date, i normally get the its not you its me (i.e. its you but i don't want to say why), hence thinking of giving up hope - i don't want too but that seems like the only option right now :(
  • Options
    Is there such a thing as giving up hope?

I mean if you can stop caring, by all means do it, but your hope will be rekindled in seconds if the right opportunity comes along.