Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say my hairs almost that colour, maybe a bit darker.
    But I had quiet dark hair a few years ago and i've been getting blonde highlights for a couple of years and now my hair is really light..
    I'd suggest getting some blonde highlights? I first got my highlights done around december 2008, and I've had them done 3-4 times since, and now it's quiet light!
    I know it's a long time espc. as you've already spent 3 years trying to get it how you want. But it should lighten it up!

Also you could talk to your hairdresser and see what they say, I'm sure they know more about it then a 15 year old :P
  • Options
    i go from dark to light all the time without a problem, what product are you using? and are you trying to do this yourself or at the hairdresser?
  • Options
    MzInnocent wrote: »
    i go from dark to light all the time without a problem, what product are you using? and are you trying to do this yourself or at the hairdresser?

I usully go to the hairdresser but I think that maybe all my hairdressers are morons because they never do what I ask! I have tried using L'oreal DIY kit before though it mentions using a pre-lightener for better effects? Ideally I would like to do it myself as spending 5.99 on some dye is a lot more appealing than 59.99+....
  • Options
    Maybe try another hairdressers, ask around your mates and see who they use.
  • Options
    if the DIY kits arent working try buying a tube of colour from a beauty/hairdresser supply store, and mixing it with 20 vol peroxide. that should do the trick. just make sure u ask them how much of the peroxide you need to mix in with each tube of colour as every brand differs

good luck :)