Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you regret your tattoos?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am thinking of getting my first one..on my spine. Most people have told me not to as I might regret it later in life, the thing is I want something which is special to me - not just some random heart or something. Do you regret any of yours?

Comments

• Options
    yes
  • Options
    I don't regret any of mine and plan on getting a fourth one done soon which will be big, so thinking I may not make it sooooo big but who knows if I'll regret them in X amount of years.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    yes

i didnt know you had tattoos!

i dont regret mine but it's really small and subtle i think :)
  • Options
    You should never regret your tattoos, they should all remind you of something in your life, even if things have changed since you had them done, like names, then splitting up etc, you were obviously happy when you had it done so don't regret it, just get it covered up with a BIG FUCK OFF one.. haha.. I have a lot of em and don't regret any.....
  • Options
    Nope, they all mean something to me...
  • Options
    i have one and i do regret it. mainly cos i was 16 and its shit. ha.
  • Options
    Then you have to get a bigger and better one over ther top of it!! :)
  • Options
    i do regret it but only cos it doesnt mean anything it was just a stupid thing i did wen i was 18, im gonna get it lasered off in january :)
  • Options
    I don't regret mine at all, and I can honestly say I won't in 20 years time, even if I don't like them it will still show the journey I've taken to become the person in that time
  • Options
    No, because I don't have any.
  • Options
    MzInnocent wrote: »
    i do regret it but only cos it doesnt mean anything it was just a stupid thing i did wen i was 18, im gonna get it lasered off in january :)

Don't lazer it, just get it covered up with something that you won't ever regret, something nice and personal..:thumb:
  • Options
    No, because I don't have any.

Ah, but are you micro-chipped??:chin: :chin:
  • Options
    No I don't. It's on my back, and most of the time I forget it's even there.

It's been 10 years, so I guess there's time still for regret, but by then I'll probably be middle aged and clutching onto my tattoo as a reminder of times when I was young and impulsive and carefree and what have you.
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    No I don't. It's on my back, and most of the time I forget it's even there.

It's been 10 years, so I guess there's time still for regret, but by then I'll probably be middle aged and clutching onto my tattoo as a reminder of times when I was young and impulsive and carefree and what have you.

Hey, less of the middle-age jibes if ya don't mind:lol: , I am one of em and I still get tattoos... Just short of cash otherwise I'd have more.. :hyper:
  • Options

Only had mine done is the past 5 years.

Old and carefree :thumb:
  • Options
    Keep your wrinkles on, the two of you :p

I'm not saying older people don't get tattoos, I'm saying that I probs won't regret mine cause it reminds me of a time in my life when I was those things. Tells a story, like.
  • Options
    Keep your wrinkles on, the two of you :p

I'm not saying older people don't get tattoos, I'm saying that I probs won't regret mine cause it reminds me of a time in my life when I was those things. Tells a story, like.

Haha, just how a good tat should be, good on ya young un:d
  • Options
    I have silly tattoos, a clover that looks like a kid drew it with a suggestive message below it, a downs syndrom simba... but what is the point in regretting it. I'm not going to go with the retarded "it makes me who i am" reasoning, but I got them, I dug them at one point, was too silly to know the artist and to sit still, and they are there now, what is to regret. They'll get old and faded and unrecognizable soon and who gives a fuck after that. I can't see them.
  • Options
    ^^ Ha Ha :)

Sort of regret it, sort of like it. Good for the ocassional time i go 'straight clubbing' and you see the curious looks off people.
  • Options
    I have 3 and i love them.
    I designed all of them myself and they all have a meaning behind them which i know i would never regret.
    I think most people who regret having a tattoo are the ones who pick a tatt out of a book or just for fashion its best to have something that is personal to you x