Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wind....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so this is super embarrasing, and im really not sure what to do.
for a while now (couple of months) i have been suffering with a lot of wind. and i really dont know why, i havnt changed my diet or done anything differently. its so embarrasing. like sometimes during sex i accidently let one go, im just hopeing he doesnt hear. and like during college and stuff im constantly having to be carful and hold it in which gives me such bad tummy ache.
i have a doctors appointment tomorow to get more pills and such, but im way to embarrased to mention this to her. and i know people will say she has heared it all before but it makes me so self consious.
does anyone have any ideas on what i can do?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As a person who suffers from IBS, excessive wind is a recurring problem. In regards to this, I have been given measures I can take to prevent this. Cutting down on carbohydrates, such as white bread and pasta, and eating more rice, is a suppoused to help. Avoiding soft drinks, those that contain artificial colouring in particular, cutting down on foods that produce wind, such as beans and pulses, can also help. Peppermint and chamomile are meant to relaz the digestive system, meaning the amount of wind you have should be reduced. Smoking and stress can be an attribute to excessive wind, believe it or not. Also, ask your doctor at the appointment, in regards to whether there is an underlying problem such as lactose intolerance, or IBS.

Good luck.