Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what to do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been in a relationship for 9 months and we have this problem and me and my partner were talking about the people I have been with and I have been with 5 people and done somethings I'm not so proud and we talked about this in the begining of our relationship and we still stayed together for this long but lately its become a bigger problem because it really bothers him and he said that he doesnt like the things I've done and he doesn't want me that way because he loves me so much and we have been fighting alot about it but we still stay together because even he still wants to be with me but it still bothers him and he said hes getting tried of fighting. I want to be with him but we don't know what to do we want to be together but he says what I did bothers him can someone please give me so adivce or something we can do besides break up?

Comments

• Options
    My Advise is to tell him to grow up and deal with it, we all have a past, him included.
    What u have done is done its over and happened b4 u 2 even met!!!!
    Either he lets or drop or dump him he is insecure and people like this try and make out its your fault its NOT , u have not done nothing wrong its HIS problem.
    Goodluck x
  • Options
    Hey Mysterious,

flowergirl is right, it's important that you don't feel that you have done anything wrong. We all have pasts and sometimes we may have done things we're not so proud of but that's part of you and what makes you who you are today and that's the person that your boyfriend fell for.

Your previous experiences help you to realise what it is you really want and it sounds like you really do want to make things work but you're tired of all the arguing which is fair enough!

He seems to be having difficulty dealing with this but as flowergirl says this may well be down to his own insecurities. Of course our partners past isn't always as rosy as we'd like but he needs to base his feelings on the present and find a way to focus on that.

Keep talking to each other and hopefully he will be able to see that this isn't worth breaking up over if he can find a way to move on. Good luck and let us know how things are going *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks for responding! He does make me feel like it's all my fault sometimes and than sometimes he says he knows it's stupid to think like that and I tell him that's it's me and he now and he says no I wanted you before everyone else and I've told it didn't end up that way and he just gets mad.