Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I make my cramps less painfull?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Evr since i got my period, i have had 2 deal w/ really painfull cramps. i was wondering wut causes cramps and how i can help myself? sometimes it gets so bad that i cant move let alone go 2 school. help please!!

Comments

• Options
    Well you cant really do this at school but a hot water belly on the stomach is suppose to ease cramps and i also find the more i move about the less pain im in. its sore to move about at first but it eases up very quick. google it and you will get a load of suggestions.
    also some types of pill are make cramps more bearable and with the pill you can run packs back to back so you have no periods at all inbetween and it causes no harm to your body
  • Options
    A hot, relaxing bath, and then bed with a cup of tea/hot drink of your choice, chocolate, a hot water bottle and a couple of painkillers. Also an orgasm helps as well but if theyre that bad you might not be in mood for one
    lisalashe wrote: »
    you can run packs back to back so you have no periods at all inbetween and it causes no harm to your body

This really isnt recommended, you can run packs back to back but for no more than 2/3 months at a time and is can mess up your cycle.

If painkillers and hot water bottle arent enough and its constant for the whole 4/5 days i'd suggest seeing a doctor :)
  • Options
    only advill helps but not 4 very long 4 me. i dont understand y my cramps r considerably worse than my friends
  • Options
    Move around a lot, always do something(work out, walk w.e) or you can take meds for it
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're getting cramps this badly shy_devil_girl. It can be really frustrating - especially when your friends don't seem to suffer from them in the same way :(

In addition to everyone's suggestions, there is some information about painful periods on the BBC Health website which might be useful. It suggests how you can treat them at home but also explains how a doctor can help - some contraceptive pills can help with painful periods and, if they continue to be very painful, the doctor can do checks to make sure there is no underlying reason.

You could also buy a little hot water bottle or try some heat pads which might help on a day to day basis or when you're in school :)
  • Options
    Oh wow i didnt know you could get those heat pad things, might try them!