Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dreams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever had a really vivid dream about something in their life?

About a week ago, i was very drunk, having a good time and decided to text people as you do. I texted my kind-of-fuck-buddy-friend just a hello, and he texts back with 'Who is this?'. Not a happy bunny as i know he had my number before and so has deleted me within the last month. Havent spoken to him since, im not gonna bother chasing him if he cant even be bothered to keep my number.

Anyway, last night i had one of those dreams thats so vivid you dont know if its real or not. In the dream a mutual friend of ours was telling me that he has a very bad reputation for sleeping around, has been with numerous girls like me while with his girlfriend.... (yes i've always known he has a girlfriend, thats not the issue here)..... and that he has to have several regular STI tests. In the dream i made a decision not have anything to do with him again.

Now i know its just a dream and not real but i cant help wondering if my mind is trying to tell me something like warn me off him. He doesnt seem the type to be a womaniser, i know he loves his girlfriend but a tiny part of me thinks he may have done this before.

I dont really know what to think because i never thought this about him before the dream. Anyone ever had anything like this before?

Comments

• Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    i know he loves his girlfriend but a tiny part of me thinks he may have done this before.

he obviously doesn't if he cheats on her!

why would you want to be involved with a bloke like this???
  • Options
    I know!! I dont want to be with him, its purely a sex thing!

I dont this doesnt make it better in any way, but that isnt the issue.
  • Options
    I would never, ever take a dream as reason to handle a situation in a certain way. Maybe it can open my eyes for other perspectives, I haven't considered before, but throwing out logic and reasoning just because a dream said so is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hi Lexi99 :wave:

I think StrubbleS is right when he says that it would be a bit strange to do something just because a dream said so. Certainly our own factsheet on theSite about Dreams and Nightmares says that there’s little scientific evidence to suggest that dreams ‘mean’ anything. But that isn’t to suggest that you should totally disregard it either.

Whatever the dream itself was 'about' it sounds like it's thrown up some questions that have really made you think. Is it worth thinking about this dream purely as something that’s thrown up some questions that you need to think about? Regardless, it sounds like you have some unresolved feelings about the situation and about him. Maybe this dream is your way of telling yourself?

Hope that helps!
    Let us know how you get on.

Will :)
  • Options
    I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS DREAM. I dreamt I was still with my ex; and then I met a girl who admitted to have been shagging him and she was so blase about it it was awful! I was like, did you sleep with him last month?
    'Yes.' 'OMG i was living with him still then?!'
    and there was no reaction. And it came from reading this! Well wierd!
  • Options
    Oh dear.....
  • Options
    I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS DREAM.

You're not the only one. I actually dreamt about it last night as well. But that's probably because I'd been thinking what to write in response....
  • Options
    Yeah I read it right before bed, musta got mixed in with everything else I was processing.
    Dreams are crazy, huh?
  • Options
    I havent thought anythig about it since it happened so i guess it was just a weird dream, hopefully
  • Options
    I had a dream. That black, yellow, red and white dreams can sit together on one table and be dreamed without being taken for face value.