Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weird Tattoo?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a tattoo done on my wrist last month but one of the colours didn't take very well so I went back yesterday and asked them to re-do the colours as it was doing my head in. I mentioned to the tattooist that I had seen someone in there getting a little heart tattoo done on the little boney bit on the corner of her wrist. I said I was considering getting that done and she was looking at me like I was really weird and was sarcastically asking me what type of heart etc, I was describing it to her and she said I was a weirdo (not jokingly) so I told her not to bother then and that I would give it some more thought. I still think it sounds like a good idea but when I went to pay for the tattoo they did yesterday I said to the guy on the till that I decided not to go for the heart after all and he said that he thought it was weird but hadn't said cos it's my body. Is it really that weird to want a tattoo on the corner bony bit of my wrist? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I dont think its weird but it sounds bloody painful to have it there!! Maybe thats what they meant
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I had a tattoo done on my wrist last month but one of the colours didn't take very well so I went back yesterday and asked them to re-do the colours as it was doing my head in. I mentioned to the tattooist that I had seen someone in there getting a little heart tattoo done on the little boney bit on the corner of her wrist. I said I was considering getting that done and she was looking at me like I was really weird and was sarcastically asking me what type of heart etc, I was describing it to her and she said I was a weirdo (not jokingly) so I told her not to bother then and that I would give it some more thought. I still think it sounds like a good idea but when I went to pay for the tattoo they did yesterday I said to the guy on the till that I decided not to go for the heart after all and he said that he thought it was weird but hadn't said cos it's my body. Is it really that weird to want a tattoo on the corner bony bit of my wrist? :confused:

Some tattoo artists see themselves really as "artists" (maybe they are) and want their own special note in their work. Some might get offended if you see a tattoo of somebody else and just want a duplicate of it. They might feel as if you ask them to plagiarize another persons work.
  • Options
    I would say go somewhere else, i find some tattooists stuck up their own arses and if they made u feel weird they are not the ones to do it for u, find someone who u feel at ease with and ask them their thoughts at the end of the day its your body and u can get a tattoo of what u want where u want it x
  • Options
    i wouldn't go back to that place
    If your going to get a tat you should get it somewhere where you feel comfortable and the artist doesn't act like a complete cock

Anywhere done on bone is going to be painful, but the side of wrist shouldn't be as bad as somewhere like the hip

I agree with the above that it may be that you've seen someone elses and want a copy of it, I would say to the artist that you've seen it and would like something similar. Its just my personal feeling, all my tats are personally designed and all but 1 i have designed myself and then talked it through with the guy that does them for me, so perhaps draw what you want and then take it to the artist for them to look at if your not amazing at drawing
  • Options
    Thanks, these comments make me feel better! I won't be going back there, her attitude made me feel uncomfortable and when she called me a weirdo I asked her why and she just said nothing. She went over my wrist tattoo then said that's it then and I was looking at the tattoo as it was bleeding and she just said oh if it's bleeding it just needs some vaseline and she quickly rubbed vasoline on then said bye and turned away from me without even offering me a tissue or asking me if I wanted it covering or anything! She was definately in a bad mood! I went there as it had been recommended by several people and they had specifically mentioned this lady as being good.
  • Options
    Bad mood or not she should be a proffesional in a job dealing with the public sounds like a right bitch 2 me, deffo stuck up her own arse, i really don't like individuals like this woman she thought she was better than u so thought she could speak to u how she wanted , well hugs to u!! Hope she gets treated like it herself one day !!! x
  • Options
    as your probably going to be going to a new shop, do your research, not just on the place but also on the artist themselves, ask if you can see a portfolio of their work so you can get a feel for them :)

I cannot stress enough that you should not just go by word of mouth, sure thats important but I've heard some brilliant things about places gone in to see what its like and the artists have been really nice and helpful but I just havn't liked their style and found their portfolios a bit messy, go for somewhere where you like the designs, the portfolios and most importantly find somewhere that your comfortable with
  • Options
    what Curly_boy said is exactly on it, unless your comfortable somewhere then your not going to end up with a tattoo your happy with. Just make sure that its right for you is all I can say