Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vibration in my chest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to ask if anyone else has ever experienced this, i have been getting vibrations in my chest on my left side for a couple of weeks now sometimes have a little ache but not much, i went to the docs and had to have an ecg, gotta to back next week for results, i am active slim don't smoke or drink to much, but my dad has heart disease and my mum also has a problem where she get palpataions which don't stop so she is on beta blockers to stop it happening, anyway any advise would be fab, i trying not to worry to much x

Comments

• Options
    In the past I have had a sensation where my heart rate doubles for a minute or so then carries on as normal. It leaves me short of breath but fine asides from that. My Dr said it was caused because of an iron deficiency, and prescribed me Iron tablets. But I have had no history of heart problem so probably best you get checked properly.

Hope all goes well for you *hug*
  • Options
    The problem could also be with your lungs. There are crackling sounds (mostly audible with a stethescope only) however, they have a vibrating feeling in your chest. Basal crackles are at the base of your lungs. They would cause a vibrating feeling as well as an ache at some times. They could be caused by a lung infection.
  • Options
    Any problem in the chest should be checked. Whilst it would be something simple (usually muscles), this is also where your most vital organs are. You don't want to risk anything with them.

Get it checked out.
  • Options
    You either have a serial rib fractured and face inverse breathing, or you have incorporated a turned on vibrator, presumable through ingestion.

I leave the explanation with the Poltergeist out, before the first two haven't been refuted.
  • Options
    Is your breathing normal?

Many people do have vibrateing in there chests and it could be because of what you eat on a regular basis. Did the Dr tell you anything else...Such as why it may be happening? *hug*
    Does it occur on a timely basis?
    Sorry for all the quesions. :)

How has it been today?
  • Options
    Hi, this sounds like it could be a type of indigestion, "Silent Reflux" you could try cutting down on caffiene and choclate also don't eat or drink alcohol to late in the evening.

Could also be down to stress, in the past i suffered severe panic attacks and often had a strange vibration in my chest.

Let us know the results of your ecg, i guess if it rules out anything major then your gp will begin to look at other causes.

Good luck x

PS i assume you dont keep your mobile in your bra :d
  • Options
    Thanks for all your responses, i have got to go back to doctors this weds for my ECG results, keeping my fingers crossed that it could be what one have u has suggested like a silent reflux or something, i have not changed my eating habits thou, some days i don't get it others its on and off all day, and no i don't have a phone in my bra lol thats what it felt like thou the first time it happened , thanks again i appreciate all the replys have a nice day x
  • Options
    Hey all just a quick update my ECG results were fine, i now have to have some bloodtests and i have been referred to the cardio investigation unit for a 24 hour tape which moniters my heart for 24 hours, i think he is trying to rule out heart problem b4 he looks at it being anything else because of my family history, anyways i will let u know how it goes x
  • Options
    Breathing exercises will help you. esp expiratory exercises. take care and drink green tea in the morning. you need to practice controlled breathing and concentrate on ur lower chest breathing .
    the green mucus might be a sign of infection which might be causing the flutter that u feel.