Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

harm?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How much harm does taking small overdoses do?
like 4 paracetamol at a time?

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Lemon,
    How are you feeling?

As the recommended dose for paracetamol is 2 tablets, taking 4 is unlikely to do any short-term damage, but repeating this pattern regularly is bound to make an impact and I suspect could cause some sort of liver damage.

Are there certain triggers that lead you to take these tablets, like times when you feel particularly low, or perhaps feel like you're struggling with something?

If you feel like you want to talk about this more than we're hear to listen, but you may also want to talk to someone in confidence offline. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Take care,
    H
  • Options
    Thanks for replying. means lots to me.
    umm. feeling? constantly low. pretty much. have done for many years now.
    well, in the short term it makes me sleep and leaves me with a headache for a couple of days. apparently. atleast thats what it seems to of done.

well, ive only done it twice. i was going to take more but i didnt. dont know why i didnt. but i didnt.

duno about triggers. thats hard. cus i also self harm and have an eating disorder and i dont know the triggers for them so i dno. its hard.

I'm on a waiting list with CAMHS cus im at low risk. i went to them 3 years ago but was told i was fine. well. look at me now. nothings changed since then. and apparently im not fine now. well. tbh. actualy im worse now. but meh. Also had councelling twice. unfortunatly when i get nervous and pressured i lie. and they pressured me. so i lied and wouldnt let them help me, although they thought they had. because i made them think i was better.

I'm 16.

sooo yeaaah.

i dno. "/
  • Options
    Hi Lemon,

Seems that it may be worth while you going back to CAMHS / your workers to exlplain how you are feeling at the moment and that things have got worse for you? 3 years is a long time, and a lot can change. You may be moved up in prority and assigned a CAMHS worker? However, as you have said - working with a any health professional will only help you if you are honest and open with them.

As you are under 18 you could access Childline? You can talk on the phone, email, or take part in their online community too? Or there are other helplines suggested on here that may help you at the moment.

We hope that you start to feel better soon, do keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. Take care :)
  • Options
    I went to the doctors again and june and was seen at the start of september. im on a waiting list from then not 3 years ago. 3 years ago they said i was fine. now they said im not and have put me on a waiting list.
    Do they show up the phone bill?
    i might. im just too scared to sometimes.
  • Options
    Hi Lemon, :wave:
    As Childline is a free number it will not show up on your landline bill, and it is also free to call from a mobile.
    Samaritans will show up on an itemised phonebill i'm afraid, but you can email them too and they will call you back.
    It's good news that you're on the waiting list, if it takes a while for them to get back to you don't be afraid to go back and remind them you're still waiting.
    It's understandable that you're scared, remember the people on the end of the lines really want to help and speak to lots of people who feel like you do now, they really can help and it might be useful for you to have someone listen to you.
    Let us know how you get on, take care :)
  • Options
    Thanks.
    they are meant to phone me every 2 weeks to see if im getting better or worse or neither and they havnt yet and its been like 5 weeks "/ oh well.
    yeah, im alson scared my parents may hear me. "/