Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Missus joined up some dating sites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my missus married when we were just 21 and 5 years on we have had our ups n downs but we have since both grown up and sorted stuff out and all seems like it was going really well until recently when I found out that she has joined some dating websites for those looking for a "sugadaddy". We don't have that much money but she always swore to me that she would never cheat on me and neither is she worried about me having a lack of money but I find it very odd that someone would say that then go join a dating website looking for a "Sugadaddy" and a "relationship with a genuine man that can treat her well".

I'm really not a bad bloke and I think I do right by our family, always put food on the table, pay bills, never cheat or get abusive etc so it really made me wonder why the hell someone would tell you that they love you yet possibly want to cheat on you with another bloke.... really is a strange one

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to talk to her. And I mean REALLY talk to her.

In your eyes, you may well be doing enough but everyone is different and perhaps there is an area in your lives where she feels neglected and unfulfilled (and I don't mean that it's about sex).

She married young at 21 so perhaps she is unfulfilled in, say, what she needs to get out of life, such as a career, to feel that she has accomplished something. In her unhappiness, she has got confused is perhaps looking to another man to realise her potential.

So don't get mad. Get more understanding and respectful of her needs too. Perhaps she wants to be more than just a wife and mother.