Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uni and girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Alright people, long time no post.
I've been at uni and I'm fucking loving it so far. Only one problem, the misses. I went two weeks without seeing her, and although I obviously missed her, I was having such a good time and I knew I'd see her soon enough. It wasn't a biggy. We spoke regularly and that was enough for me.
Then she came up to visit for the weekend. For some reason we connected on a level that I haven't felt before and now she's gone home and it's fucked me up a bit, almost like the feeling of breaking up. I won't be able to see her again for another 5 weeks due to various bits and bobs, and even then it'll only be for 4 days. Quite gutted to be honest, and 4 days ago I was fine with it all.
Anyone else been through this? How'd you deal with it?

Comments

• Options
    keep in touch regularly and let her know how you feel. Things like video calls might help you feel closer so at least you can see each other.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Alright people, long time no post.
    I've been at uni and I'm fucking loving it so far. Only one problem, the misses. I went two weeks without seeing her, and although I obviously missed her, I was having such a good time and I knew I'd see her soon enough. It wasn't a biggy. We spoke regularly and that was enough for me.
    Then she came up to visit for the weekend. For some reason we connected on a level that I haven't felt before and now she's gone home and it's fucked me up a bit, almost like the feeling of breaking up. I won't be able to see her again for another 5 weeks due to various bits and bobs, and even then it'll only be for 4 days. Quite gutted to be honest, and 4 days ago I was fine with it all.
    Anyone else been through this? How'd you deal with it?

Yep been there, done that! and we lasted all 3 years of uni! I think sometimes it helps to just prepare yourself for not being able to see each other as much as you'd like i,e freshers week/during exams. But don't forget that it will make summer hols and christmas/easter so much more special cos depending on the course you're doing - you get loads of time off during bank holidays. I found that absence made the heart grow fonder, sure we had the odd fight here and there due to lack of seeing one another/jealousy (his flatmate was after him :mad:) but, as the old saying goes, love shall conquer all! :yippe:
  • Options
    Hi there,

It is always tough to start a new journey and still have something back home that you want to hold on to. Long-distance relationships are tough but there are ways of managing if you are willing to put in the effort.
    It seems you are slightly frustrated by the fact that you were having a good time at university until you saw your girlfriend. It is important to see the good side of the fact that you got much closer to your girlfriend and can enjoy that relationship as well as university. It doesn't mean you have to give up one or the other. Try to enjoy both and you will enventually manage a good balance.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Send each other stuff in the post as well. Little presents, a love letter, a postcard. Just to let her know you are thinking of her.
  • Options
    Oh never saw this post.

At least the times you do spend together will be special, but in the interim text, talk, msn, arrange dirty weekends somewhere else in the uk.

Enjoy uni, make the most of it. And remember keep it in you pants ;)