Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

severe stress/ PTSD after assualt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got atacked (extremely) violently some time ago. The thing is I can't put it behind me.
I had been to my doctor about depression and when I mentioned the details they thought I may have PTSD. Thing is I havent been back for a while thinking everything has been fine but recently got very paranoid.
It's not the worst thing ever and i know that, problem is no matter what i can't get rid of my worry and no matter what the person resposible will be a part of my life.
Having no esacpe from that without cutting out everyone i care about is difficult.
I look back and think if I move away then I can get away from that and the other stuff that I manage to ignore normally. But I accept moving away from my problems probably won't solve them.
Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Hi there Angry_girl

I'm really sorry you got attacked. It sounds impossible to move on although you've really tried to put it behind you and you are looking for alternatives to withdrawing from the world or doing a runner.

Do you think you could go back to your GP? They could support you to get some help in overcoming what happened to you, so you don't have to keep living in fear. They might recommend counselling, other kinds of therapy or some medication to help manage your anxiety.

Although this website is a bit of an advert for her book, there is lots of info here from a great trauma recovery therapist Babette Rothschild, who works very safely to help people overcome all sorts of trauma.

I really wish you well deciding what you do next - please post to let us know :wave:
  • Options
    The thing that make's me realise that I don't have many options is where I live isn't a large place and I can't stop other people I am friends or people I know to not talk to her. Cause me and her were friends a year before the attack. It ended a large majority of her friendships because the severity of it was that bad. Although because the time it happened some people wan to give her a 2nd chance (which is probaly her 10TH Chance really) and then there's the fact I can't stop her going to the same pubs and clubs as me whens she lives in the same town.
    And I can see why alot of people may think this isn't a big deal but I had stitches, injections, part of my ear gone and antibiotics last time. Since then she has attaked several people. And carried knifes.
    I know my only real option is to go to my GP again but all that will sort is the stress and I think I do have to accept there is a reason to be a little stressed.
  • Options
    Er yeah! It sounds like a big deal to me, and that she is still around in your neighbourhood, there's just nowhere you can relax. How stressful.

Good luck talking to your doctor and getting the help you deserve to recover from this. :wave: