Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Didn't get the job :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am feeling majorily bummed out. I found my dream job, right on my doorstep, I matched the profile to a tee, I aced the interview, aced everything else and then today got the call saying that I didn't get it and they hired someone who used to go to the institution in question (I reckon they only advertised it and interviewed people due to employment laws).

I'm gutted but OK I guess... I'm just annoyed because where I live there's not many opportunities in this field and I don't want to move to London as my boyfriend has to be where we are for his work (he works in shipbuilding which is a bit hard anywhere else).

Any ideas how I can pick myself up from this? The problem is I'm miserable in my current job, I applied for it in good faith, battled off about 500 other people for it and have worked my arse off for false promises and crap pay.

Anybody got an uplifting story/anecdote that can help me pick myself up from the negative?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry that you didn't get the job. If it's of any consolation, I volunteered for an IT helpdesk earlier this year. Some paid vacancies soon cropped up. I totally went for it and breezed the interviews. Despite the fact that I've worked on an IT helpdesk for 7 years prior and I volunteered at the place where I was interviewed, I still didn't get the job. Makes you wonder who they went for in the end, what qualifications, experience they had etc. Honestly, I thought that my 7 would had sufficed.
  • Options
    There is a great song that says "You can't always get what you want,
    But if you try sometimes you might find, You get what you need"