Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i hurt my best friend over my EX

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my best friend of 9 years who is like my sister..i pushed her away 2.5 years ago over a guy i was with.
i was also spiralling into depression and was in a toxic relationship.

we are both 26. i recently broke away from him, for good.
i got in touch with my best friend and she dropped everything to see me that very day.

we spoke for hours, and she advised me to pick myself up and get on with things..she said she'd help me overcome my sadness, and she did put some effort in initially...see/text/talk to me.

but she's now backed off. she text me saying

'u pushed me away.you carried on with everyone else, but pushed me away. i dont think i deserved that. i ask myself, that if u were happy now would we even be talking? and we both know the answer to that'

i replied, explaining i was depressed, it was wrong of me too push u away, and im sorry.
no response.

i asked her to meet me at the weekend, no response.

i made a BIG mistake picking a guy over my friend. she's like a sister to me and i never should have pushed her away.

how do i fix this?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Its a shame your friend got pushed to one side for a relationship, but I'm guilty of doing the same thing so I understand where you coming from. You should try and make our friend understand that you are genuinely sorry and that you have learnt from the experience. If you where as close as you say you should be able to get things back on track, just need to give it some time.

Your friend seems frustrated that you just came and went in the friendship, and you should try and understand her point of view and hopefully both manage to get things back on track, and hopefully make your friendship better and stronger than before.

Hope all works out for you both
  • Options
    JamieRamus wrote: »
    You should try and make our friend understand that you are genuinely sorry and that you have learnt from the experience.
    :yes: