Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cherry Has a Baby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone see this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ttbr9/Cherry_Has_a_Baby/

I watched it last night on i player and thought it was interesting that she said that she thought that older mums felt they had more to loose by beccomming pregnant and that it would be a bigger culture shift for them than teenage mums who hadn't necessarily had an independant life.

Comments

• Options
    I saw that! Do they really offer you an enema when you're about to drop the sprog?
  • Options
    Not any more they used to do it as a routine but then they realised (sorry if this is too much information) that most people get the runs at the beginning of labour anyway so thier bowls have mostly cleared out by the time they actually give birth. I think you can request one but i dunno if the midwife would do it or not - but the lady she said it to was giving birth at the portman so they probably do anything as long as you pay them....

(you do get a goody bag to take home at the end though)
  • Options
    I watched it! Not so sure about her choice of name though...Coco
  • Options
    coco is a cute name
  • Options
    yeah i agree, like a nickname or something. i just cant imagine it being an adult name when the baby is grown up.
  • Options
    I watched it. I do know one of the couples that were featured. (Laura with the premature baby Andrew)
  • Options
    didnt hurt Chanel too badly did it
  • Options
    lol i was just about to say that
  • Options
    Everytime I watch these kind of programmes it puts me off having kids more and more. I have no motherly instincts at all :(
  • Options

but she was the original!
  • Options

Except that she basically became a daft blonde airhead - could you really imagine a Chanel being a lawyer or a doctor.

I like coco as well but i cant' imagine someone with that name growing up to have a serious job either. But maybe that is ok.
  • Options
    isn't courtney cox's baby called coco too? i thought it was an interesting programme, esp to see the different age ranges and how they felt.
  • Options
  • Options
    was that the business woman? if yeah then she got on my nerves. i think mostly because she was adament about having a nanny and her partner just seemed more into bonding with the future baby than she did

edit: and she seemed far too girly and annoying :p
  • Options

Her birth name wasn't Coco though, it was Gabrielle. Coco was a nickname she had when she worked at a cabaret.
  • Options
    I can't believe that one of the women went back to work 2 days after the birth - why? Or am I the only one who would like to spend several months at home with my baby?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I can't believe that one of the women went back to work 2 days after the birth - why? Or am I the only one who would like to spend several months at home with my baby?

yeah, i think you might be the only one
  • Options

I thought that too- poor baby! I guess it varies from woman to woman though. I'd like to think I'd stay at home and look after my children if/when I have some and that I wouldn't want to rush back to work.
  • Options

They said at the end that she went into the office a week after the birth - i suspect though in reality it was really just to go - ohhh look at my baby - i feel really tired but i'm pretending not to be.