Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flu induced testicular discomfort?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello guys. I have a small case of the flu. Nothing serious. No sore throat, just a lot of phlegm and muckus, headache, and feeling like shit in the mornings, but ok in the afternoons.

Since yesterday, my left testicle (Henry 's the name if you gotta know) started to cause me discomfort if moved or touched in a special place (that is on the upper side where the tubes connect, which deliver my man sauce).

I am sorry for the non-professional, non-medical terms, but I don't know them and I am too lazy to look them up.

I am not toooo bothered by it. I mean, I do sometimes have testicular discomfort every once in a while and now in combination with the flu I can imagine there is not everything quite fine and dandy in every place in my body, but you know... It's my testies. It's not like it's little finger on the left hand discomfort. It's Henry and if worst comes to worst and he has to depart Manolito (the right one) would be alone and probably sad.

I can exclude a twisting or stuff like that, because no force out of the ordinary or kick was delivered to my scrotum recently.

Anyone had this?

Comments

• Options
    Would you kindly send me lots of photographs of your bits, in all stages of arousal, so I can safely diagnose your issue for you? :angel: :flirt:

(joking ... I think)

:)

If you have occasional sore testicles, could it not be just coincidence that it has occurred at the same time as your flu? Or does this feel markedly very different?
  • Options
    It's different. the rare, but still every once in a while discomfort is like you received a light knock on them, but they don't hurt if you touch or move them around.

This time, Henry is in agony (and therefore me!) when I touch move him in the wrong spot. Not spinebursting pain, but on the international pain scale, like a lightly stubbed toe, or stepping on a plug pain.

I guess I just sit the flu out and if Henry isn't better by then I go see a penis doctor.
  • Options
    I never got ball ache from flu - excessive shagging maybe, but not flu!
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I guess I just sit the flu out and if Henry isn't better by then I go see a penis doctor.

Yeah, I agree. Give it a couple of days and see if the pain goes when you're over the flu. You may have strained something when coughing or sneezing.
  • Options
    Sounds like mumps, dude. My housemate had it a couple of months back. You should get it checked out. It can have complications.
  • Options
    Also check for lumps...
  • Options
    What makes you think having the flu is connected to your ball ache? :confused:
  • Options
    aw matt, i do love your posts sometimes :lol:

get little henry checked out to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    Sounds like mumps, dude. My housemate had it a couple of months back. You should get it checked out. It can have complications.

Yea, now where you mention it. A flat share of 4 friends had it and one didn't have the jab and had SERIOUS complications, like dangerously high fever, balls like tennis balls etc. For the rest it was just a bit of a flu and over within a week.

Since I am better now again and in the wiki article it says, the orchitis (testies inflammation) shows after the first week of sickness with fever coming up again.

I'll see if I have fever the next days. I just had a feel around of Henry and couldn't detect any pain, btw. So I guess Henry died or is well again.

In any case, there is still Manolito. He'll get the job done to create a few strubbles jr.

Thanks for your input.
    MoK wrote: »
    Also check for lumps...

Are lumps hard? As any other man I am very familiar with the ins and outs of my ballsack and sometimes it looks like some little lump is protruding but it feels soft as if it's tubes or veins or some shit.
    Blacksheep wrote: »
    What makes you think having the flu is connected to your ball ache? :confused:

They occured at the same time.
  • Options
    Yea, now where you mention it. A flat share of 4 friends had it and one didn't have the jab and had SERIOUS complications, like dangerously high fever, balls like tennis balls etc. For the rest it was just a bit of a flu and over within a week.

Since I am better now again and in the wiki article it says, the orchitis (testies inflammation) shows after the first week of sickness with fever coming up again.

I'll see if I have fever the next days. I just had a feel around of Henry and couldn't detect any pain, btw. So I guess Henry died or is well again.

In any case, there is still Manolito. He'll get the job done to create a few strubbles jr.

Thanks for your input.

Are lumps hard? As any other man I am very familiar with the ins and outs of my ballsack and sometimes it looks like some little lump is protruding but it feels soft as if it's tubes or veins or some shit.

They occured at the same time.

*hug* Strubbs!! hope you feel better!!
  • Options

Yeah they tend to be, also tender to the touch. Always, always get them checked out. Whilst most are just cysts, very very occasionally it's testicular cancer (ball ache is a symptom of both) and young men are the "at-risk" group for both.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Yeah they tend to be, also tender to the touch. Always, always get them checked out. Whilst most are just cysts, very very occasionally it's testicular cancer (ball ache is a symptom of both) and young men are the "at-risk" group for both.

Well, I don't have any lumps, but since Henry isn't convalescent yet I booked a visit at the urologist, which is in an hour so I will definitely know what's up.
  • Options
    everything ok?
  • Options
    yea. He had a feel around and said it might be just a bit of a side-effect of the flu, but with A LOT of fantasy he can feel a tiny varicose vein there. So I have a visit at the radiologist tomorrow and he will check the sonogram if there is really any (even if, it is pretty much not connected to my discomfort) it is nothing to be worried about (just to know and have it checked in the future if there is trouble on the way) and nothing to give antibiotics about.

I'm well off, I am just being overly cautious, because testie problems is something i always I take serious.
  • Options
    yeah, everyone should take care of their bits it's only sensible.