Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HDMI output not working.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Grr, very annoyed after a day of trying various things to get it to work!

Basically, had my laptop a while, and I use the HDMI port (it only has one) to connect to a LCD TV to watch films on, it's never really had any issues, occassionaly i've had to go in to properties and select the second monitor, and sometimes i have to set the default sound output to get the sound working, all fairly straight forward though.

However, since the weekend i've not been able to connect to a TV.
I plug in the HDMI cable as usual and it shows up on the TV menu that a device is connected, so i select it, it says "connecting" for about 10 seconds then says "no signal"

I've tried connecting it first to the laptop then the TV, then also the other way around.
I've tried it on all the HDMI ports on the TV, i've used a different HDMI cable, I've also tried it on another TV plus the fact that my PS3 still connects makes me certain its the laptop at fault.

I've tried to do a system restore to a date when i knew it was working but it wouldn't restore, it would go through all the process but when it starts up again says it was unsuccessful (i've tried half a dozen different dates, says the same thing each time) I've manually uninstalled all the windows updates i've downloaded in the past 2/3 weeks, i've uninstalled my graphics card and let it put on the one that ships with windows, i've then also downloaded the latest one from nvidia etc.. etc.. and nothing has resolved the problem!

I've searched around the internet and the only relevent things i can find only relates to the HDMI sound output not being found, or telling you to go in to the display properties and selecting the second monitor from there (When i try that there is no second display to select from, you can rigorously force a connection but selecting that does nothing)

SOOOOO basically i'm at a loss what to try next!! - Any idea guys and girls????

Comments

• Options
    Update graphics card drivers
  • Options
    Blacksheep wrote: »
    Update graphics card drivers

as i said in the previous post i already tried, also uninstalled the device and allowed windows to "find" it again and install the standard drivers, nothing has worked

Cheers anyway