Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Here I go again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right
So starting my 3rd year at college, not to bad, a few mates have gone off to uni but considering I mostly hung out with people in the year below me its not to bad, but this year in my tutor theres a girl i just click with, I feel i do anyway, she's mates with a friend of mine and I'm just not really sure what to do, I mean i really do like this girl, she's a bit mental but that just makes her diffrent from everyone else which i really like
we've known each other properly for a week, so just not really sure what to do

Comments

• Options
    Well... if you don't make a move someone else might get there first ;)
  • Options
    If you are going again, shouldn't you know by now what to do? It's always the same anyway.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    If you are going again, shouldn't you know by now what to do? It's always the same anyway.

yes, i know i should but I'm shit at these things...i mean how the fuck am i meant to know if she likes me, I'm fucked up like this
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    yes, i know i should but I'm shit at these things...i mean how the fuck am i meant to know if she likes me, I'm fucked up like this

Well you dont know until you ask her, thats the risk you take. Is she worth that risk?
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Well you dont know until you ask her, thats the risk you take. Is she worth that risk?

Yes, i really do think so, We've not really had alot of convosations because we've hung out in a group alot of the time, so theres not many chances to have a convosation one to one...idk, i'm stupid in this sort of stuff
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »

Everyone is worth the risk. Why wouldn't you get over yourself and just try. It costs you nothing and gives you the closure you want.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Everyone is worth the risk. Why wouldn't you get over yourself and just try. It costs you nothing and gives you the closure you want.

:yes: At least you hang out in the same group of friends so you're not total strangers
  • Options
    Well you dont necessarily have to say " DO YOU LIKE ME". If you get on and all that just ask her if she wants to do something. If she does then bingo, work on it from there :)
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Yes, i really do think so, We've not really had alot of convosations because we've hung out in a group alot of the time, so theres not many chances to have a convosation one to one...idk, i'm stupid in this sort of stuff

The best way to do it, but this is something you usually have to find out yourself, is "to just do it." Go up to her, talk her up, etc. She won't eat you. Don't sit there and hope for a miracle to happen. Just work towards what you want to achieve, talk to her, assess her reactions and mood and stuff and ask her to do something (don't say "something" but think of something specific) sometimes (not sometimes, but some time specific).

If you don't treat this as if she was sacred and you terribly want it, but just as if you think she is a'ight and might think you are a'ight too and don't give too much crap if this all works out or not, not only will you not be nervous and not be crushed if she is not interested, but - out of some reason - your success rate it way higher.

With my girl I was sure I could not score, so I was just regular, relaxed, chilled me. As opposed to nervous, as-if-on-a-difficult-job-interview me, which makes me magically unattractive. Well, what do you know, I'm in. For the first time after I listened to my own advice.

go print that out and pin it on your toilet wall.