Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

This is why I'm grey haired...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, to make the most of this new forum, I'm gonna do the first official thread...

I have an 11-y-o who has left his PE kit on the school bus twice in two weeks. Lost it all, not been found yet, so far about £100 worth. The school don't have lockers and his school bag isn't big enough to fit both kit and books etc.

So, short or stapling his kit bag to him, how can I be sure it doesn't happen next week?

Comments

• Options
    Whoah, that's a hefty fine for forgetfulness. Are you sure that's actually what happened to his bag?

Does he have a mobile? If so, you could text him at school leaving time and the time he gets off the bus to remind him.
  • Options
    let him get into trouble for it at school, and only buy him smartprice stuff next time.
  • Options
    I agree with suzy, I have a 12yo dyspraxic brother who is very prone to forgetfulness, and while we do remind him a lot, he's become a lot better about remembering things when he's had to wear the supply kit/ not had his homework to hand in.

I spent all of last week sewing name tags into uniforms, which is fine, but when it came to my 12yo brother's PE kit I almost popped! He has to have (specially made with the logo) socks, jumper, polo top, shorts, trousers, as well as needing football boots. What got me most was, this isn't a private school! We can just about afford to buy all this stuff, but the school has a pretty diverse intake and it's outrageous they just assume everyone can afford all of it.
  • Options
    £50 a shot for PE kits!? You need to threaten Gola trainers (or whatever's totally not cool to own these days) next time he loses it!
  • Options
    Can't he just have a sportsbag with a long strap to put around his shoulder and not put it off during the bus ride? No way he can leave it there then.
  • Options
    does he like p.e?

i hated it and used to hide my kit in the cloakroom and tell the teacher that i had left it at home. although leaving it on the bus is a bit much but maybe he hates it