Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changing packages with Virgin Media... easy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In my new uni place, I have to set up my own internet connection. Spoke to a bloke there who signed me up to a 12 month contract with Virgin Media - the 20mg speed, £30 a month. He also said if i wanted to downgrade to 10mg which is only £15 a month i could. It will be installed next week.

This is all fine, i can afford the 20mg one but as i think it will be only me using it, i might as well get the 10mg. Does anyone know how easy is it to change packages?

Comments

• Options
    Just a phone call.

I rang up months ago to downgrade mine to a cheaper one, and they did some deal so i actually got a quicker one for cheaper than i was paying (no idea how, but just goes to show its always worth ringing them up for better deals from time to time)

The only thing i can see could be a problem is that you've only just entered a 12month contract with them, but with you only changing the package rather than cancelling and moving else where it shouldn't be an issue.

When i rang them up she set it all up there and then, the following day it was running at my new speed.
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Just a phone call.

I rang up months ago to downgrade mine to a cheaper one, and they did some deal so i actually got a quicker one for cheaper than i was paying (no idea how, but just goes to show its always worth ringing them up for better deals from time to time)

The only thing i can see could be a problem is that you've only just entered a 12month contract with them, but with you only changing the package rather than cancelling and moving else where it shouldn't be an issue.

When i rang them up she set it all up there and then, the following day it was running at my new speed.

Oh brilliant thank you! The guy did say that i could downgrade so after its been set up i might give it a couple of weeks then ring up.

If they cant do it, well shit happens, i can afford the 20mg, but if they can, i might as well :thumb: