Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it likely that I have Antisocial Personality Disorder?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here's the symptoms I've matched up with me from Wikipedia.

I lie every day and steal when I can get away with it.

I don't know how to put myself in another person's shoes and I never feel remorse for anything I do.

I abuse animals regularly.

I get irritable a lot, I threaten people, I am the least patient person I know, I get aggressive and verbally abuse people which sometimes leads to physical abuse.

I have a childhood diagnosis of Conduct Disorder.

I've only been arrested once but have had the police after me many times.

I invade people's personal space, I insult them, I am racist to them and I bully them.

I drink sometimes but only to get drunk and I take marijuana whenever possible.

I don't get into many physical fights these days but if I do it's normally with family.

When I'm bored I feel like I'm suffering.

I don't care about anyone else's safety but my own.

I do illegal sh** sometimes.

I am deceitful.

I am very impulsive and rarely plan my actions.

I have been in quite a lot of punch-ups.

I nearly killed my twin once by drowning him and I laughed about it.

I have been called irresponsible because I don't do my college homework and I show no dedication to my education.

I was diagnosed with Conduct Disorder when I was 15-years-old along with Asperger's and ADHD.

I definitely had Conduct Disorder because it was diagnosed by one local psychiatrist and confirmed by two of the best in the country for children at Great Ormond Street.

Does Having Conduct Disorder make it much more likely that I have this personality disorder?

I have no psychiatrist at the moment so I can't get a diagnosis, so at the moment I'm trying to get opinions.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• Options
    A person whose behaviour is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility, social conscience, remorse or empathy is a sociopath.

I would seriously consider getting some help if I were you.
  • Options
    you sound quite dangerous, please get some help. if you showed this list of stuff to a doctor im sure they would do something.
  • Options
    I was messing around with my twin brother in a swimming pool in Spain before when I decided to hold him underwater, when he came up he was bleeding from the nose and mouth, couldn't breathe properly and had turned white.

I knew I nearly killed him but I just laughed about it.
  • Options
    Yeah I think you should find a psychiatrist soon. You seem to know that something isn't right which means you have insight which is good... (or so I have been told by my doctors), so I think that is one step forward. The next step is to see a doctor who can help you out and point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    This sound very dangerouse you need to speak to someone as you could hurt someone very badly like a Dr. :)
  • Options
    MDF18 wrote: »
    Here's the symptoms I've matched up with me from Wikipedia.

Anyone can write an article and get it published on Wikipedia. With many conditions, there are overlaps with symptoms.
    I have been called irresponsible because I don't do my college homework and I show no dedication to my education.

Which could be a symptom of laziness, depression, etc. I also found that if I had no interest in a particular subject (programming, for example) or found it too hard, I would show no interest and would only be interested in one particular module. An example of this would be the hardware module I did at uni - it was the only one that I managed to do with little or no problem and pass it.
  • Options
    Hey MDF18 :wave:

Firstly I'd say if you take a look at alot of the personality disorders many of the characteristics can fit most people when they scrutinise their own behaviours. Diagnosing yourself with anything is not a good idea and can cause you unecessary stress.

Secondly as you're looking this up it seems that you want to understand your behaviour or are worried about it, as others have said you should talk to somebody. Have you spoken with your gp about any of this?

dp :heart:
  • Options
    Please don't try and diagnose yourself. Maybe print out your post and show a GP.