Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So annoyed angry hurt :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
soooo a mate (best m8) is just being a cow owes me money sed she'll give me it next day its now been a week and still ent got it still has ma nail varnish too argghhh!!!! had a top of mine 4 months too always saying got no money wen she has a job she annoyes me soooo much!!! kinda m8 who always lets me down saying she'll come town and lets me down wen im in town!!! other m8 whos a older women sed isnt being argumentive part of depression like shes blaming me and its my fault :crying:

Seriously i h8 being walked all over and getting blame !!! argghhh wannaa cut!!! seriously feel so shit!!! i h8 myself i reali fooking do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shes the only one who kept me going in life if honest didnt wanna upset her tho sui i duno anymore i just dont know x

Comments

• Options
    Hey DepressedGal,
    Same thing had happened with my mate. She had owed me 15 pound it had taken her 5 weeks to pay it back but she did in the end. She is the type who teands to let you down but I gave her a lecture on money everyday untill she got bored of listening to me and had decided to pay me back. I got the lecture out of a book. She will pay you back trust me friends do take tiime to pay back x
  • Options
    Nobody is perfect, we are all different from each other and that is what makes life and more importantly our friends, the interesting experience we enjoy. We are all imperfect in our own little ways, and sometimes its important that differences can just be important in a friendship as similarities are. If we use the cracks in our imperfections as a way of letting people in as opposed to where we should defend against the most, we can take a step forward.

I've been the friend before who has taken a while to pay someone back, and thats when I had the money, always missing them or not having the money on me when I did bump into them etc.

Your friend is probly feeling at least a little bad about it, dont worry about it too much. You know for next time to bring up the fact she took ages to get it back to you if she ever asks again. As it has only been a week, I'd be concerned if you needed the money, otherwise it hasnt been that long.

Just need to find the right balance as to avoid permanent damage of a good friendship, but not coming accross as non-assertive.

Good luck anyway.
  • Options
    Maybe you shouldn't wind yourself up so much over nail varnish, clothes and whether or not she'll "come town" or not. I'd say on a scale of zero to big deal, that stuff's pretty minor - it hardly merits fifty-six exclamation marks, blithe references to self-harm, and a total abandonment of conjunctive words.
  • Options
    Oh dear.

Is it the purple nail varnish? And your fav sweater?

Sometimes life deals you a tough hand. Maybe take her dog hostage and negotiate an exchange?
  • Options
    i dont understand CptCoatHanger
  • Options
    Nail varnish is hardly that important in the whole scheme of things, I think he was aiming at.
  • Options
    Nail varnish -Friend hmmm
    You can buy nail varnish again
    but unfortunetly you can't by a friend :( x
  • Options
    I can see how it would be annoying, but to be honest not much more than that. I think you have to talk to this friend and sort it out and tell her how you feel - maybe not the whole story but just you are getting annoyed that she is not returning stuff.

I don't know - and i don't mean to cause offence so sorry if i do - but this small situation seems to be hinting at a bigger one. From the posts that i have seen from you and in chat you seem like a geniune nice, caring person but you bring yourself down way too much. It just looks like to me that you find problems that aren't huge and turn it so you can blame and hate yourself, which you totally don't deserve.

Depression is a pretty complex illness, and effects people differently. I wouldn't take it as your friend telling you its your fault because it doesn't look as if you have confronted her. I hate being walked over as well, but i think you need to take this issue up with your friend instead of yourself.

*hug*
  • Options
    +1 for naun's post. I know that with depression, there comes certain ways of thinking, like 'all or nothing' thinking, where you have a small issue (nail varnish/money/friend etc) but it seems so massive because maybe you don't have the emotional resources to handle it correctly. When this is the case, you really need to sit down and try and rationalize your thoughts- put a lot of effort into what would normally come naturally but because you are depressed it doesn't.
    Have a go, and let us know how you get on xxxxx
  • Options
    Don't ever lend anything, money, clothes whatever if you want it back. It just leads to arguments.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    Don't ever lend anything, money, clothes whatever if you want it back. It just leads to arguments.

Not if you get them back it doesnt.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Not if you get them back it doesnt.

I never get anything back :d
  • Options
    Thanks naun... girls.guys... its not over the stupid nail varnish!!
    its all the using, she does, trust me she never wants to know me unless down or anything,, i get suicidal i try to talk to her and she ignore me she dont care about no1 but her.... friends dont use people... or say ill meet u then says not meeting u now.. or stands u up in town.. i defo wudnt do that to anyone noway!! u cant say thats ok to do surely..

Thank naun ur right i do blame it on myself a lot but surely its my fault else why do it? ur a lovely girl too hope to see u in chat again some time i always remember to go on wen its bloody shut :grump:

lol!!

xx
  • Options
    Thanks naun... girls.guys... its not over the stupid nail varnish!!
    its all the using, she does, trust me she never wants to know me unless down or anything,, i get suicidal i try to talk to her and she ignore me she dont care about no1 but her.... friends dont use people... or say ill meet u then says not meeting u now.. or stands u up in town.. i defo wudnt do that to anyone noway!! u cant say thats ok to do surely..

Thank naun ur right i do blame it on myself a lot but surely its my fault else why do it? ur a lovely girl too hope to see u in chat again some time i always remember to go on wen its bloody shut :grump:

lol!!

xx

I think at one point we have all had a friend like that, and even though you care about her for your own benefit i think it would be best to maybe not contact her as much.
    I think in this situation since you seem fragile you need to think about yourself here. What she is doing is not ok, especially if she knows what you are going through. If she isn't listening when you try to talk to her i think you need to put it behind you and move on, which is frustrating but i really think it would be the best thing to do.

Its not your fault for the way someone chooses to act, and its not your fault for the way she is treating you. Your worth more than that. :yes:
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »

I'll lend you my ears.
  • Options
    its all the using, she does, trust me she never wants to know me unless down or anything,, x

One bitten, twice shy. If she is so relentlessly 'using' you, why do you lend her stuff anyway?
    Its not your fault for the way someone chooses to act, and its not your fault for the way she is treating you. Your worth more than that. :yes:

So, to paraphrase, "Its not your fault for the way someone chooses to act, but it is your fault if you keep on continually letting her do so."
  • Options
    coz im a complete twat ;)
    xx
  • Options
    Hi depressedgal,

It is always hard to know whether it is worth staying friends with someone, or whether it is time to let them go. Have a look at the Friend or Foe article as it shows the difference between a good and a bad friend.

It is up to you whether you should be dumping your mate or giving her another chance. The best way to decide this is probably to have a proper chat with her and let her know your true feelings and how she always lets you down. If she shows no difference to this then the best option is probably to find a new friend who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated, and the way you treat them too.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks moderator :)
    Ive spoken to her loooooads she still carrys on last week was going town so i get into town then she says sorry cant come aint got no money oooh well ill live,, thanks xx