Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

2 problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm feeling a tad down today, and i have a rough idea of why, past few nights i've had dreams that i've been in a relationship (every time with the same girl) and i guess thats brought up 2 things really, the first of which is that it really brought home to me how much i miss the intamacy of being with someone that you can spend time with just sitting then snuggled up on the sofa watching crappy movies and just sharing great times together, its that that i miss more than anything else really, just having someone that i can talk to about things that i can't say to my closest mates...idk, its just the intamacy really, and i just really need to get this off my chest

The second thing is that the dreams were about the same girl, someone that i liked for a long time and when it didn't work out it tore me apart and really destroyed myself confidence for a long time. seeing myself and her together like that, even in a dream showed me that i never really got over her, i still have feelings for her and i just wanna act upon them but since i've now left college (getting my results on thursday) i'm not really sure how to contact her, i just wanna get talking to her again and see if it leads somewhere. I'm not entirely sure how to go about it because she knew how i felt about her, and i guess taht its made things slightly uncomfortable or bit werid between us, but i just need to tell her really but since we don't really see each other anymore (we don't live near each other etc) i don't know how to, i don't wanna do it over facebook, over the phone if i really have to but yeah...

anyone got any advice

Comments

• Options
    I'm no freudian, but I really believe in and have a lot of interest in the interpretation of dreams. If I were you I'd be hesitant to take it's meaning being as simple as you want to get back together with her. FWIW, these are my thoughts.

If I read this as a case study in a psychology text I would say that the girl in the dream doesn't represent the girl who was in your life, but the event surrounding her and everything that secluded it: rejection, the source of your insecurities and self doubt. This representation in an intimate setting suggests your desire to put your insecurities at peace, so that you can have that healthy relationship you really want.
    Just consider - is it really her you want? Did she treat you well? The fact that you were so so hurt after your encounter with her suggests more than a gentle snub. In your first paragraph you described wanting to be with someone, not specifically her, that before your dreams your wish is intimacy with someone, not specifically her.

OK, so if you come back with a 'no she was really amazing, it was all just bad timing fuck off' I'll go hide in my hole for a few years after wishing you well. :blush:
  • Options
    I agree with Evenstar, i know what it's like to have those feelings, i really miss the intimacy of a relationship too. Good luck w/this CB :)
  • Options
    I don't know, it could be, its just that i've had feelings for this girl for awhile, i just kinda of ignored them quite alot so they just faded into the background for me

its just soul destroying