Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'Friends'?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently, my friends have been turning against me and saying things behind my back, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. But as they keep on going on about how I should live my life and what I need to do to make my relationships between people better is beginning to drive me nuts. They bring up problems that are between me and another person, and think they can get involved and butt into our relationship that they are jealous about (which is what it looks like from not only my point of view, but also many others). If there is a problem between me and another person then it's ours to sort, not theirs! How do I tell my 'friend' in the nicest way possible that they should butt out of our relationship and concert on their own, and not lose my rage at them?

Comments

• Options
    imo, their not really your friends if they are bitching behind your back...thats my view of it

To tell them to get the fuck out of your relationship business i think you should just say something along the lines of "its really not your business, could you please just leave it out"
  • Options
    I reckon the best option is to just ignore them and signal them that way that you couldn't give less of a shit what they think you should do. If they don't have any influence anymore, they will grow bored quickly.
  • Options
    How do I tell my 'friend' in the nicest way possible that they should butt out of our relationship and concert on their own, and not lose my rage at them?

This is what you need to say, pretty much. I would also say that "if I wanted your advice, I would ask for it".

I also second what Strubbs said.