Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

*d A N C E*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
feel free to move this if this isnt right here...

Hi,

really would like to get back into dance but not sure where to start (i did it from 3-13 then stopped)

am finished my postgraduate course at uni now so no more dance soc :( that was a good way of getting back into it

by dance i mean ballet, stage (theatre) dance andmodern dance as those are what ive learned previously.

i would go back to my old dance school in my local area but want to start somewhere new, any ideas?

also the idea of trying/getting into ballroom dancing crossed my mind but i dont know of any in my area ?

so does anyone know of any good dance/ballroom dance schools or classes in the nottinghamshire area???? at 22.5 am i too old??

thanks

Comments

• Options
    I found a local salsa class and attended it aged 25 for 3 years. I stopped because I moved house and it became too far away. It's a good way of meeting new people.
  • Options
    hello.

firstly, you should try.

www.dance-clubs.co.uk/dancing-schools.php/Nottinghamshire/53/2/ - not sure if i've done that right, but let me know if it works for you.

i also came up with some, maybe not in the exact area, but close by.

Tracy Quaife Theatre Dance School

Fennell School of Dance

Dance-icality Dance School

Tozer Studio

Sally Ashworth Studio of Dance and Drama.

good luck.

:cool:

my sister used to do the whole dancing thing too, she was in a lot of performances.

:yes:

i remember she was in a really good version of the nutcracker sweet.
  • Options
    I'm planning to get back into dance too! I'm going to start an adult ballet class after I get back from holiday. I found this class by searching for dance studios on the internet and there was one local to me. There are a few others so if I don't get on with this one I'll try a different one. I'm feeling quite nervous about it, not sure what to wear etc or how crap I'll be but also quite excited.