Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Programs keep crashing/not responding!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Yeah so about a week ago, the game i play alot (Counterstrke source, CSS for short) kept crashing when i was connecting to servers, ive recently went off it so i didnt really mind but now stuff like msn, steam, itunes, WoW have just stopped responding after about 5 seconds.

Any ideas? I dont think ive downloaded anything nasty..im doing scans etc atm to see if i have.

Im not a comp wizz so i cant give my spec..but has anyone got any ideas at all of what i could do? apart from reinstall.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ♭♪♭♪♭♪♭♪♭♭♪♭♪♭♪♭

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

do another virus check!!! ※※※

″″″″″″″″″″″″″″″″″
    Tell us how it goes ♭♪♭♪♭♭♪
  • Options
    If programs/computer keeps crashing for no real reason and you have ruled out a virus then it could be a hardware fault. Generally random crashing is caused by overheating.

Open your comp out and give it a good hoover out with the nozzle attachment, just don't touch anything. Then try it all again.
  • Options
    if u play css (I do as well, LOVE IT, hate the update tbh) have you been on FPS bananna recently?? as in the past month or so because someone hacked it, and anyone that now goes on it downloads a virus that completely fucks your computer
  • Options
    CSS crashes if you leave the window as it connects to a server, it's a bug. As said most servers get their maps from FPSBanana, which was hacked a long time ago. Be careful what servers you join, I stick to old, busy servers. Map cycles suck but so does the game now...

Malware Bytes, Spybot S&D, give it a scan.