Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Been given my notice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right then been working at the place im at for getting on a year now, and my boss is a right cow, she just gets rid of people when ever she gets fed up of them, so on to my problem.

Today the manager told me that my boss is going to serve me my notice, im to work up untill the end of July and also getting paid for August. We dont have contracts where i work and ive only had two verbal warnings which i didnt agree with, i havnt had any written warnings or anything like that.

I feel ive been sort of bullied out of my workplace and ive been blamed for a serious problem that as happened at work which is NOT my fault and that i warned the boss about, which im really not happy about as i feel like im being massively slagged off.

Is there any advice i can get on what i can or should do???

Think ive covered everything

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

It seems like you are having a hard time at the moment with issues at work; namely your boss wanting to dismiss you.

You may like to read the DirectGov page on 'Dismissals' and what is classed as an 'unfair dismissal'.

If you feel that you have been unfairly dismissed you should first try to resolve the issue with your employer. Do they have an appeal procedure? If they do not have a formal procedure like this, you can try talking to another manager or senior member of staff to try to resolve the issues.

You can also try resolving the issues through Mediation, conciliation or arbitration.
    Acas are an organisation that offer a range of services to help find a solution to your dispute. Their details can be found here.

If this doesn't work, you can take your claim to an Employment Tribunal, but you will normally need to have worked for at least one year before you can do this.

There are many places to get help for your problem as you can see from the above, but it would be good to talk to your employer first to see if it can be resolved between yourselves.

Hope this helps.

:)
  • Options
    If you've been there less than a year then a lot of things will not apply, and you might actually be best to take the free month of pay and get out of there.
  • Options
    well i started full time in july i think last year but i was working part time there before that
  • Options
    You should try to discover your continuous length of service, as it can make a difference to your rights.
  • Options
    I know you cant change it now, but for others, always try to get a copy of a contract.