Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Will Spain win the World Cup on Sunday?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Paul, the psychic octopus, thinks they will.

Given his track record, I'm inclined to believe him*. The missus will approve - she stands to win some money if they do.

If you're wondering what on earth this is about, see Part 1 from a few weeks ago HERE, where Paul correctly predicted that Germany would beat England in their game.

* You know silly season's kicking in when Stargalaxy agrees with a bloody octopus, don't you?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You've got a girlfriend? :eek:
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »

Apparently.

Even Paul couldn't have predicted that :D
  • Options
    if spain wins i get £30, if they lose i get £20 :D

in non-selfish terms though, i lived in spain for a while so i would really like them to win it. but seeing as neither team has ever won it before, whoever wins will be nice :)
  • Options
    if spain wins i get £30, if they lose i get £20 :D

How come you win on both outcomes? I thought that the idea of betting is that you win money on one outcome or you lose your bet on the opposite outcome.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    How come you win on both outcomes? I thought that the idea of betting is that you win money on one outcome or you lose your bet on the opposite outcome.

its a worldcup sweepstake at work, 1st place gets £30, runner up wins £20 :)
  • Options
    Isn't a sweepstake where a lot of you take place in it, paying, say £1, and even if your team won, you still have to drawn out of a hat, a bit like a raffle? What you're describing to me at the moment is a no-lose gamble. To my knowledge, that only exists on a fruit machine when the number reel shows 1 or 12 :-)
  • Options
    Hello,
    Spain infacct do have a really good chance of winning the game againt the neverlands(holland) but this game is also very special because non of these two teams have ever won the cup so we are going to have a new country winning it.

So I wish both teams best of luck and fingers crossed.

God has once again made this game happen and has blessed all living people.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Isn't a sweepstake where a lot of you take place in it, paying, say £1, and even if your team won, you still have to drawn out of a hat, a bit like a raffle? What you're describing to me at the moment is a no-lose gamble. To my knowledge, that only exists on a fruit machine when the number reel shows 1 or 12 :-)

no i picked a team out of a bucket, i got spain, if spain wins the world cup i get £30. if i had picked holland, who if spain won would get second place, i would win £20. so two people win. out of all the money raised in the sweepstake (im not sure how many teams are in the world cup) 30 goes to the winner, 20 goes to the second place team, and the rest to charity. iv never heard of the second place getting money either but thats just how they're doing it i suppose :)
  • Options
    Ahhh I understand now. Thanks for explaining F.Firenze. You've got yourself into a nice win-win situation there :-)
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Check your inbox.
    its a worldcup sweepstake at work, 1st place gets £30, runner up wins £20 :)
    Could be worse, I suppose...
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    You do know there's a sport section to these forums, right?
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    You do know there's a sport section to these forums, right?
    Yes. Problem is, hardly anyone goes there. As I'm something of a post whore, I like to maximise the potential audience.