Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Keys not working

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an Acer netbook which i love, its perfect for what i use it for and its just really cute and small and fits in my tiny room brilliantly :p i cant remember how long ive had it but i think it might be just under a year. it still all works, fast and everything but recently iv noticed a couple of the keys sticking, its the tab key, caps lock, and the A key. they still work but you have to press them really hard. is there anything i can do to stop this happening?

Comments

• Options
    Pop the keys off, clean under them. Pop them back on.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    With the keyboards on laptops/netbooks, popping them out isn't (always?) that simple. Some of them can't be reattached, they just break.
  • Options
    All of the Acer laptops I've dealt with between 2003 and 2009 had prisable keys. If you dropped the machine or something (like a book) fell onto it, then it is possible to break a few of the keys. As for sticky keys, that can be caused by a spillage. Not necessarily F.Firenze herself, but caused by a mate/relative who had the accident and not owned up. That happened a lot during my laptop repair days.
  • Options
    i did not know you can pop keys on and off :blush: just had a do and its much better now! as you can tell im not brilliant with netbooks/laptops! ah what would i do without thesite :p