Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Itv1+1

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
How come theres ITV2+1, but not ITV1+1 grrrr
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because ITV1 + 1 is already ITV1, its the same thing

I dunno :p
  • Options
    I mean a time delayed by an hour version. Most of the time the shit on ITV2 isnt worth catching an hour later if you miss it, where as stuff on ITV1 is.
  • Options
    I thought stuff from ITV is repeated on ITV1 anyway?
  • Options
    ITV1 is ITV

ie they have ITV1, ITV2, ITV2+1, ITV3 and ITV4
  • Options
    im so confused
  • Options
    ITV became ITV1 (the first ITV channel), now theres ITV2 (the second one), ITV2+1 (which is ITV2 with an hour delay), ITV3 and ITV4
  • Options
    Well ITV1 + 2 must play different stuff to ITV3
  • Options
    There isnt ITV1 + 1 becaus there isnt a channel that plays it with an hour delay. The +1 implies a showing an hour later
  • Options
    Thats what Im on about, why have an ITV2+1 and not a time delay on itv1
  • Options
    Like everything else involving the ITV network, this has no easy answer. There are 15 different ITV regions altogether. In the past, all of them were owned by seperate companies. Today, 11 of them - all the ones in England and Wales - are controlled by ITV plc. The rest are owned by a mixture of other smaller companies.

The main reason for the lack of such a service is the regional structure. ITV1 presentation in England and Wales looks the same no matter where you are, but legally speaking, they're 11 seperate television stations. Running that many TV stations is incredibly expensive - even when they're all running the same stuff - and ITV plc only have so many resources and channel spaces available to them. It would be prohibitively expensive for them to do a +1 service for a channel with such a structure.

Secondly, there are also rights issues. A decent chunk of ITV1 shows are made by ITV Studios themselves, but many of them aren't. Buying the rights to show a programme repeatedly across multiple digital channels is very expensive. Hence why many shows on ITV3, for example, can't be shown on the +1 service there.

Finally, there would almost certainly be problems with the rest of the network. ITV plc is currently in the middle of taking legal action against STV, who run the two franchises in Scotland, so getting the Scots to play ball would currently be very difficult. UTV in Northern Ireland is also fiercely regional and both of these refuse to carry the generic ITV branding. That's also the reason why ITV1 HD is not available in Scotland or Northern Ireland - although it does mean viewers in those reasons did actually get to see England score a goal a few weeks ago...

There's your explanation. :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It pissed me off when Film4+1 became Ch4+1.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Film4+ didn't become c4+1 did it?! Pretty sure I have c4, c4+1, film4, and film4+1?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kat_B wrote: »
    Film4+ didn't become c4+1 did it?!

On digital freview it did.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Saying that, I'm still glad I have more channels than the 4 I grew up with. Even if they are sometimes full of shit.
  • Options
    Mr. G, don't you have on demand?
    Xx
  • Options
    Yeah I could do, but its a buggery hassle. Usually like to have the laptop on and have the TV on. However I can beam the ITV on demand stuff onto the tv from the laptop.

Thing is theres usually a delay before stuff appears on the on demand stuff.