Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Unfindable processes?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Well basically i've noticed two new processses in my start up, when i google them both nothing comes up, I am spelling it correct

should i delete them or just leave them? im thinking they could be dangerous
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are they? Have you recently installed anything recently?
  • Options
    If the process names are seemingly random and Google isn't showing results, then I'm pretty certain that we're looking at virus activity. You might want to check what you have installed recently, and if other people in your house use the computer, check through add/remove programs to see if there's anything there that you don't recognise. Then we'll want to look at some antivirus packages.
  • Options
    I dont think i've downloaded anything that I did myself, like if i leave my pc on overnight ill wake up and itll say i have 3 trojans n ill put em in the vault thing but it does it the same thing the next day, im doing scans etc now to see what it does

If any process names I dont recognise should i just find them and rename em so they dont execute?
  • Options
    moonlift wrote: »
    I dont think i've downloaded anything that I did myself, like if i leave my pc on overnight ill wake up and itll say i have 3 trojans n ill put em in the vault thing but it does it the same thing the next day, im doing scans etc now to see what it does

If any process names I dont recognise should i just find them and rename em so they dont execute?

If you keep on finding trojans on your machine a lot of the time, its likely you have a bit of an infection of the old virus etc.
  • Options
    Prevent them from starting up using MSCONFIG and reboot. If everything loads fine then they're either a hidden part of a legitimate piece of software, or a virus.

If it doesn't load up fine then reboot in safe mode and switch them back on.

Out of interest, what are the processes?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If you repeatedly get warnings about trojans I'd use a program like Malwarebytes or Spybot S&D.
  • Options
    Security task manager might identify them for you.