Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kentish Town.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I need to get to Kentish Town in London for a photoshoot.
Which station would I go to from Liverpool Lime Street?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Liverpool Lime street comes into Euston, then you get the NORTHERN line to Kentish town.

Also, google is your friend -.-
  • Options
    I did try Google but I'm not familiar with London and I just wanted a bit of help. Thank you.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Liverpool Lime street comes into Euston, then you get the NORTHERN line to Kentish town.

Also, google is your friend -.-

And is that the cheapest/quickest way to get there?
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »

And is that the cheapest/quickest way to get there?
    Yes.
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Also, if you want the cheapest way to get around London once you're here, maye sure you buy an Oyster Card. Once you've topped it up, tube journeys are about half the price of if you pay by cash.

You can get them from vending machines at the tube station, or go to the ticket counter and buy one there - they cost £3 but you'll save loads and once you're done, you can hand it back in and get the £3 deposit back.

Have fun in London!
  • Options
    I live in Kentish Town! WooHoo!

ETA: When you get on the Northern Line you need to make sure you get one that goes to High Barnet.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    ETA: When you get on the Northern Line you need to make sure you get one that goes to High Barnet.
    And if you don't, by accident or whatever, don't panic, you can change at Camden Town.

If you're really adventurous, the cheapest way to get there is to get a bus map at the station and walk to the junction of Euston Rd and Hampstead Rd to get the 134.

All depends where abouts in Kentish Town you need to be, but the bus goes to the high street and tube station.
  • Options
    Cataska wrote: »
    Also, if you want the cheapest way to get around London once you're here, maye sure you buy an Oyster Card. Once you've topped it up, tube journeys are about half the price of if you pay by cash.

You can get them from vending machines at the tube station, or go to the ticket counter and buy one there - they cost £3 but you'll save loads and once you're done, you can hand it back in and get the £3 deposit back.

Have fun in London!

• Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I live in Kentish Town! WooHoo!

High Barnet, okay. Then I need to go to Fairlight Studios on Leighton Road.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    And if you don't, by accident or whatever, don't panic, you can change at Camden Town.

If you're really adventurous, the cheapest way to get there is to get a bus map at the station and walk to the junction of Euston Rd and Hampstead Rd to get the 134.

All depends where abouts in Kentish Town you need to be, but the bus goes to the high street and tube station.

I need to be at Fairlight Studios.
  • Options
    Btw, anyone know a website I can buy cheap train tickets from? They're all so expensive!
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    Btw, anyone know a website I can buy cheap train tickets from? They're all so expensive!

Here. The earlier you book the cheaper they'll be, especially if you find quite a slow train.
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of National Express coaches, myself. But if you are determined to come by train, try MegaTrain. They do lots of really good train deals. The only down side is that you have to take the train you are booked on - rather than a standard fare, where you can take any train.