Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

talking to someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i've been self harming for quite a few years now.
am 16, and last year i did a bit of counselling on that but i found it difficult to talk to the councellor and eneded up covering up much of what i had to say and i felt like it wasn't working, so i lied to prevent her from telling the school and i said i'd stopped.
but now it's really gotten to a point where i don't think i can go on like this anymore. i really don't want to talk to my parents about getting help because they don't understand and they'd thought i had stopped cutting.
so there's this teacher, i trust him, and i wouldn't mind talking to him...
however. over the years i have sort of developed sort of... romantic feelings towards him and one of my best friends think that the only reason that i'm considering telling him is because i want him to care and want to be close to him... and i can't deny it. should i talk to him or not?
and i also understand that it's because i'm still a minor here they have the responsibilty to tell parents and the care system of my school. i don't care so much because i'm so stuck here the main reason why i hadn't told my parents is because i can barely talk to them about normal stuff let alone this... so is it a bad choice to tell him? i can't even tell for myself what the exact reasons are for this...
thanks in advance if anyone offers advice...

Comments

• Options
    Hi Blue eye:wave: ,

Im sorry that you are feeling low at the moment, I know you said you were thinking about speaking to the teacher you have developed feelings for ?? Is there anyone else you could talk to ? if you are questioning the reasons for opening up and confiding in him it may be best to speak to someone else, a close friend or a family member ??

I have added some information on Self Harm for you too look through, I hope this helps and gives you some pointers, you can always post on here and look to The site for help and advice.

Take Care and let us know how you are getting on.

B:wave:
  • Options
    what were your parents like when they knew you used to self-harm? just wondering as if they knew again that you were going though a difficult time that they would be supportive?
    i think you should try and be as honest as possible. the sooner you talk to someone about everything the more support you can get....

hope you are ok. let us know how it goes :d

Ax
  • Options
    hey, thanks for the help and support.
    currently i'm on exam leave so i think this can probably wait til after the summer.
    but to answer your question when my parents found out before it turned out horribly and they didn't understand at all, yelled at me and made me promise never to do it again.
    obviously i continued and just did it in places they wouldn't find and there was no help at all from that.
    so i'm sure the talking to parents option is out. completely.
    i'm just hoping that the urge to tell him isn't just one of those things where i just want to look for attention from people i want to be with and am doing this just to be close to him.
    so it all depends on the next year, i'm probably going to turn to the school for help. hopefully the people in charge are people i can trust.
    thanks for all the help becky and brunettebarbie.