Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Complicated

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
No idea where to post this, so please move if appropriate.

I'm not really planning to get majorly involved in all of this, but I have a few questions....

Situation
I know this girl (used to be in a youth group I was involved in) and shes about 12 weeks pregnant, and aged 16 and a bit. She got kicked out of her house by her mum, I think she is back there now, but things don't look good.

Thing is... she is adopted. Does this change anything? What sort of support is she entitled to?

I really feel for her, because I know her upbringing hasn't been great and at times she has made mistakes but at this group she was still able to be a fantastic role model for others. Its weird... I did a bit on homelessness with them, and really hoped it wouldn't ever apply to any of them. :chin:

She is such a lovely girl, and I think she has the potential to be great at whatever she chooses, including being a mother. Its a shame that the situation at the moment isn't ideal, but I know she'll do her best to make it work out.

Comments

• Options
    Thing is... she is adopted. Does this change anything? What sort of support is she entitled to?

If your friend has been legally adopted, then she and her adoptive parents have exactly the same rights and responsibilities as if she was their natural child. No more, no less.
  • Options
    If your friend has been legally adopted, then she and her adoptive parents have exactly the same rights and responsibilities as if she was their natural child. No more, no less.

Ok so what are these rights? Is there any sort of support she is entitled to?
  • Options
    Ok so what are these rights? Is there any sort of support she is entitled to?

Sorry, I just meant that she would be treated as anyone else. I have no specific knowledge about benefits for single mothers.