Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends no more?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The thing is is that i've been mates with a girl who i met through college. at one point we were inseprable and she was always coming to me with her problems, etc,etc...
After a while it became that she would only come to me when she had problems, all other times she was busy.
then i went into hospital and she came to see me a few times but after being put in a PICU (Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit) she became distant. Now i've worked it out that its not because of this as it has now gone on for ages. she didn't talk for at least a month without me trying to get hold of her. when she did she sent me a message on facebook saying how sorry she was and she was having problems of her own and didn't think to get intouch when so much was on her mind. fair enough i thought until i saw a day later, pics on her facebook of her out at a party with her group of friends. I emailed her back to say it only takes five minutes to say hello to someone but since that i've heard nothing and i've got to make the convosation with her for her to talk to me. I feel that because of my personality, where i feel i would stand up for myself in a situation i often feel as if that will go against me if i was to say that shes being really unfair, lying and just simply not being there as a friend. Am i wrong to do that? She has done in the past, and i suspect again, do the whole 'reverse psychology on me where i bring up an issue with her but it ends up being me to blame? I don't know guys, am i wrong or should i think fuck it, get out of my life? It seems that if i was to walk away from her things would carry on as they are and she would simply ignore me. she wouldn't check to see how i am....:banghead:
sorry to go on...advice please!

A x

Comments

• Options
    so do i basically ignore her and let time seperate us?
  • Options
    Might as well.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Might as well.

It's just not that simple though...i'm angry with the situation. i want her to realise shes let me down?
  • Options
    Often people do things to others. They either don't realise how it's effected them, or they just don't care. And there's really not much you can do about it in lots of situations. I know it's not nice, or pleasant, but try to be the better person, try to move on.