Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pain after injection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had an injection for hep a and typhoid today and since then my arm has been getting more and more painful. It's now at the point where I can barely move my arm without being in pain and I can't lift it past shoulder height at all and I certainly can't lift anything. I've never been this sore after an injection before. I've also noticed 3 or 4 small red dots appearing round the injection site.
Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Comments

• Options
    If you're concerned contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or speak to your pharmacist or GP tomorrow.
  • Options
    I remember getting a sore, dead arm for a good few hours after I had the typhoid jab, so I think it's pretty normal.

Should feel better today. If it doesn't, I'd ask someone :)
  • Options
    Heapatitis jabs are well know for causing numbness and some pain. If it's not better by the time you read this i'd go seek some professional advice.
  • Options
    Agree with the others. I had that jab before going to Kenya and clearly remember it being very sore and stiff for a good day or two afterwards. I didn't get any red dots though so I'd keep an eye on them - but the pain definitely sounds normal.
  • Options
    I had a really sore arm after I had the hep a injection. I couldn't move it past shoulder height without it hurting. Didn't get any red dots though.
  • Options
    Yeah i couldn't move it past shoulder height either. It's alot better today I can move it a bit more and lift a bit more. Still feels like lead though :( but the spots seems to have gone. Glad I'm not the only one!