Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No Fool Like......well, ME!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Nevermind. Delete pls.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey super147,

Read your thread earlier and was planning on coming back a bit later on when things were less hectic...

It sounds like you might have got into a situation where you're keen for you ex to still respect and like you even though there's been times when she's put you in a difficult situation and got your hopes up about a relationship that's ended up going nowhere. It doesn't sound like she's intentionally set you up for a fall, but perhaps hasn't always been honest with herself about her feelings and is someone who struggles to be by herself and needs reassurance from males who show her attention and affection. Inevitably it can hurt to get caught up in this kind of thing.

It sounds like you're a really decent, thoughtful, caring person and that sometimes you're not aware of how naturally that comes across. By this I mean it's good to realize that you don't always have to bend over backwards to prove how decent you are, because chances are, that comes across already and if you feel you need to take a step away from the situation you're in at the moment then that won't reflect badly on you - it will just be a case of you protecting yourself and thinking about the best way to move forward from what's happened.

Perhaps you could write her a letter to let them know that you still care about them and wish them the best, but at the moment you just need to take some time out to consider other things that are going on around you. Could this be an option do you think?

Otherwise, you could just naturally take a step back to see what happens. Give yourself a chance to understand that you can be away from this girl for a while and perhaps find a new level of friendship with her.

Anyway, I hope this helps a little and that you find peace with it. :)