Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

im so sick of people thinking im gay or bisexual

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:no: im totally supportive of gay rights and dont have a problem with it, but im worried people seem to think im gay and not that being gay is a bad thing but i happen not to be. and its annnoying because im looking for a girlfriend and ive never had one and i didint realize that when i looked in the mirror my short hair and metrosexual style of dress maybe why people think im gay, plus i have both ears pierced. maybe i should grow a beard . and its annoying because im straight but just being myself by the way i dress, and im worried that people think im closeted and ill have to explain to them that thats not who i am. im just really worried the way i dress is going to affect my luck with women, plus i like baseball and i dont cook though i like art. and i know what your thinking he's protesting to much so he must be gay no! im just tired and worried people think i am, because ive never had a gf and want one badly. and i feel that if i have to prove im straight people are gonna think im gay on the other hand if i let it go people are also going to think im gay, so now i watch what i wear and how i act because im so worried women wont even look at me as bf candidate. i sometimes wanna end my life because people think im gay im so sick of it!

Comments

• Options
    Maybe not having a girlfriend is to do with something else...

I don't think many people think "is he gay" to other that often, unless they're gay themselves.
  • Options
    I don't really think either that you don't have a girlfriend, because they think you are gay.

But if you dress and style in a way that makes you think that others think that you are gay maybe change your style? At least your confidence stops suffering and you'll see if the floodgates burst then drowning you in a woman-tsunami.
  • Options
    i sometimes wanna end my life because people think im gay im so sick of it!

Personally, I would rather be alive and gay than dead and straight. When you look at the world's problems, your worries are rather insignificant so killing yourself seems way over the top. If you find the people you hang out with think you're gay, make new friends who are open and accepting.

If it's just your clothing and haircut that are giving people the wrong impression, tone it down if it affects you that badly, because your 'metrosexual' look is obviously not something that you really believe in. If you did believe in it, you'd tell people to 'f**k off' and live your life as you want to. I have a number of 'alternative' looking guys and they are as straight as anything.
  • Options
    Hi, maybe your circle of friends are just not sophisticated (cant spell ) enough to appreciate your metrosexual style, its sad but as we grow and develop sometimes our friends don't and we end up leaving some along the way.
    I guess you have 2 choices either change your look to be more attractive to miss average and her peers or try to make new friends who are more in tune with you.
    I dont think growing a beard will help though, i am sure gay men grow beards to.

I think its important to be true to yourself though you should not really have to bend to other peoples likes and i am sure there are loads of woman out there who would enjoy your company.
    Good luck
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Personally, I would rather be alive and gay than dead and straight. When you look at the world's problems, your worries are rather insignificant so killing yourself seems way over the top. If you find the people you hang out with think you're gay, make new friends who are open and accepting.

If it's just your clothing and haircut that are giving people the wrong impression, tone it down if it affects you that badly, because your 'metrosexual' look is obviously not something that you really believe in. If you did believe in it, you'd tell people to 'f**k off' and live your life as you want to. I have a number of 'alternative' looking guys and they are as straight as anything.

Reminds me of that time I was at a party and this hot guy came in. In this lumberjack shirt, a little bit rough, but groomed, beard stubble etc. and I thought "Yea great all girls will be on him now and I can go home blue balled." Didn't take 20 minutes and he was making out with the hosts brother in some corner. They were boyfriends.

Just change your looks. It's not that hard. You make yourself look "gay" (as society stereotypes it. The gay men I know are all rather manly and the flamboyant, limp-wristed are all straight) and complain then.
  • Options
    Supportive of gay rights maybe, a slight touch homophobic perhaps. Stop giving a toss what other people think, why do their opinions matter so much to you?
  • Options
    Their opinions matter because he wants to pull. If everyone thinks he's gay he'll have a hard time attracting a partner.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Their opinions matter because he wants to pull. If everyone thinks he's gay he'll have a hard time attracting a partner.

Then dress to impress. ;)
  • Options
    If you want to be gay, be gay. That's what I say.
  • Options
    Maybe change your style a bit.
  • Options
    It's the camp guy in my office that pulls the most women....
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    It's the camp guy in my office that pulls the most women....

You sure they dont just want to take him shopping with them?
  • Options
    For a start I think the OP is being defeatist, after all he may well need a username change at some point in the future, if he works hard.
  • Options
    omg i totaly know where your coming from. i used 2 be a emo and didnt have a bf till just the beginning of this year. and the only reason i got one was because i asked him out. suprised too many people for my liking. turns out most people thought i was lez! not theres anything wrong with that