Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fake eyelash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got some of the girls aloud fake eyelashes. But they not much instruction.

I never use fake eyelashes before i was wondering do i put on my normal eye make up before or after? and wat about masacra :flirt:

Comments

• Options
    If you are wearing eye shadow put that on first. I just normally put a line of eyeliner on so if I don't get the false lashes flush with my own lashes you can't tell. You don't really have to put mascara on as the false lashes will make it look like you are wearing some. My advice though is practice lot's before you do wear them out :yes:
  • Options
    If you're going to put mascara on, put that on first and curl your lashes so it doesn't look like you've got a double set going on. Are the Girls Aloud ones self-adhesive or glue? If it's glue, you need to make sure it's a thin layer right across the strip with a little extra at the ends. I use the end of my tweezers to put the glue on. Make sure the glue has dried a bit so it's tacky rather than wet when you apply them, and make sure they're as close to the lashline as possible. The ends are most important so make sure they're straight and secure then do the middle.
  • Options
    I'm going to wear false lashes for the first time next month. I'm worried I'll get the glue on my lashes or I put them on too far away from the lash line.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I'm going to wear false lashes for the first time next month. I'm worried I'll get the glue on my lashes or I put them on too far away from the lash line.

If you're worried, the best thing to do is practice. Get some cheapy ones and practice practice practice. Using tweezers to position them on your eye helps, and like piecesofme said, putting some black liner on first helps if you don't manage to get it perfectly flush with your lashes.
  • Options
    also, half lashes (the ones you put on the outer edge) are a lot easier to put on and manage than full lashes
  • Options
    Agree with Amira. I can't be bothered with full sets of lashes as a) i'm cak at putting them on and b) they annoy my eyes once on. So i just get the full sets and chop them in half and put them on the outer half of my eye. Doesn't annoy me and i can position them easily. I do them last of all once i've got all my hair and make up done.
  • Options
    Wore them last night managed to get them on by self. They did feel a bit weird at first but was grand when i got use to them and they are useable.
    Loved them. gonna use them more often!