Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broken-up and alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure why I'm doing this really. Guess I'm just seeking support. My long-term relationship ended recently, and since I am new to the city I am now working in, I don't know anyone. So, I'm a bit heart-broken and completely friendless which doesn't help. Where do you even start when you have no one to help you through the bad times?

Comments

• Options
    Hi.
    Firstly, my sympathy. I have also just come out of a long term, serious relationship, and I know how much it hurts. Fortunately I have my friends so I can only imagine how hard it is for you.
    All is not lost though, it is a chance for new beginnings. Do you play any sport? Perhaps join a local sports club, or even the gym? Do you have any hobbies? All of these are excellent ways to meet people.
    Are you living alone? Maybe look into getting shared accomodation? I know some bars do 'speed flat mate' nights, which is like speed dating but for people to live with. You could make friends through that.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Hi.
    Firstly, my sympathy. I have also just come out of a long term, serious relationship, and I know how much it hurts. Fortunately I have my friends so I can only imagine how hard it is for you.
    All is not lost though, it is a chance for new beginnings. Do you play any sport? Perhaps join a local sports club, or even the gym? Do you have any hobbies? All of these are excellent ways to meet people.
    Are you living alone? Maybe look into getting shared accomodation? I know some bars do 'speed flat mate' nights, which is like speed dating but for people to live with. You could make friends through that.

Good luck. :)

great advice :thumb:
  • Options
    I am in the same postion has you.I have no friends were I live and I feel so sad and just feel like crying all day.I know that is no help to you but If you want to chat just let me know and I will give you my e-mail address but if you don't want to that is fine too.
    I hope things work out for you.:no: