Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need help for a friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this might be a long post sorry if it is and thanks for taking the time to read

dont know how to start this lol

right so my best friend has a problem with hes best freind. his best friend is a girl. hes been getting these werid texts from her its something like a bf and gf who text each other something along the lines like who dont see make time to see me things like that. it would be alright if she didnt have a bf. she has a bf and she been going with him for 5/6years and i use to been friends with her bf and from what hes told me he works to get away from her so he doesnt like spending time with her dont ask why i dont know why. anyway my best friend is more like a bf to her hes always around her and always texting her everyday and seen her everyday.

(this is hard trying to put this together as its not me)

for the past couple of months she been arguing she aways starts on him i dont really know what its about but

on friday my friend was sitting in my house and he got a text from her saying im calling round to yours later. he said hes in my house she text back saying are you going to be in your house at all the night he said no. and she started fighting with him cuase he was sitting with me and not her. she has a kid who was at her mums and her bf does night shifts so was by herself on friday. anyway she started saying stuff like you dont see and when your round my house you always act like you dont wanna be there and you never spend time with me. with is not ture.

everytime they fight its by text its not face to face and they dont like to talk about it face to face my friend has told me all whats happen and ive told him he should talk to her face to face but they are both scared cuase they dont wanna lose each other as a friend so its abit hard and has its my best friend i wanna help

i am finding it hard to expain it so if you need to know anything please ask

Comments

• Options
    Hey mclovin,

You're a good friend to be thinking about how you can help these three, it doesn't sound like a simple situation and seems you're a bit stuck in the middle :(

This girl's friendship with your best mate is clearly really important - to both of them, and if things aren't happy in her relationship then you can see why she's looking for attention elsewhere. It sounds like her boyfriend isn't very happy in the relationship either or at least isn't acting like it at the moment.

Communication in a relationship and in a friendship is so important and if a lot of this is going on via text it's not going to help. It's all too easy to read in to text messages and talking face to face like you suggested is really good advice :yes:

Does your friend have feelings for the girl? It seems like they both might be quite confused about just what they are to each other?

As much as you want to help, it may be that you have to let them all work it out for themselves. There's only so much you can do and when it comes to other people's relationships only they can chose to sort things out. It does seem like there's a lot unsaid between all of them though and they need to start being honest with each other.

I hope it works out and you don't get dragged in to it too much, feel free to keep posting and let us know how thing go :)
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hey mclovin,

You're a good friend to be thinking about how you can help these three, it doesn't sound like a simple situation and seems you're a bit stuck in the middle :(

This girl's friendship with your best mate is clearly really important - to both of them, and if things aren't happy in her relationship then you can see why she's looking for attention elsewhere. It sounds like her boyfriend isn't very happy in the relationship either or at least isn't acting like it at the moment.

Communication in a relationship and in a friendship is so important and if a lot of this is going on via text it's not going to help. It's all too easy to read in to text messages and talking face to face like you suggested is really good advice :yes:

Does your friend have feelings for the girl? It seems like they both might be quite confused about just what they are to each other?

As much as you want to help, it may be that you have to let them all work it out for themselves. There's only so much you can do and when it comes to other people's relationships only they can chose to sort things out. It does seem like there's a lot unsaid between all of them though and they need to start being honest with each other.

I hope it works out and you don't get dragged in to it too much, feel free to keep posting and let us know how thing go :)

wow 1 person post to help me just shows yous care about me lol

i know or i think my best friend just likes her as a friend but if she says jump he well say how high. he doesnt see her as a gf and i dont think he wants her to be a gf with him

her bf gets days off work and she spends time with him but sometimes he goes to see his mates or she goes round to my best friend. she only really texts or call round when her bf isnt with her so my best friend is like a 2nd bf to her. heres another story

she text my best friend saying do you want to get drink and have a drink with me. my friend said yea why not. me and my other friend call to my best friends house he text her saying to call round and at me and my friend was in his house. anyway everything was fine she came round had a drink next day.

she text my best friend saying she just wanted her and him (my best friend) to just have a drink cuase they planed it for just them. but we are all friends

thats something a gf would say to her bf if his mates came round

my best friend just likes her as a friend. but her i think she thinks hes her other boy but she doesnt no she doin it
  • Options
    Just be careful as you will never know 100% both sides of the story.