Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clothes for work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right im working in a wee trendy boutiquey shoe shop, and when i was in for my inteview everyone was dressed quite trendy, like the manager was wearing treggings, so im not too sure what to wear on my first day. My current thought it like a pinafore dress with a white shirt underneath, but im not too sure. I've got nice clothes for going out, but nothing really for day time when my uniform is jeans or denim skirt

I've only ever worked places with uniforms before so any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Did you see what any of the other girls were wearing? If it was me I'd dress similar to them, maybe have a wander past and see :chin:
  • Options
    Shoe shop, cant really wear the clothes they sell (well not exclusively or i'd be naked apart from shoes which i think they might not thinks great

The manager was wearing like treggingy things with a sorta posh tee and one of those cardis that just hang open with no buttons and the assistant manager was wearing a bold printed maxi dress

The only thing i really have similar to tregging (cause i think they are a crime) are skinny jeans, and denims a bad idea when im not 100% on the dress code, and most of my dresses are a bit more night-timey.

Its either a black checked skirt with a vesty top and a cardi, or the pinafore dress with the white shirt i think if im going to try to err on the side of caution