Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Slimming pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone tried any of these?

Comments

• Options
    most of them, haven't found any that work yet.
  • Options
    ive tried loads. to be honest, none really work. they are a rip off. the only ones that i ever found effective were these fat burning pills that g_angel once recommended on here. however, they were very expensive (about £40-£50 i think which i think is expensive, haha). i wouldn't recommend them though. they made me feel as though i was on speed, made me feel ridiculously hot, stopped me from sleeping and gave me stomach upsets. they also gave me so much energy that i got the shakes and talked reallllllly fast and too much. it was obvious i was taking something imo. i still have some left but i'm not tempted to take them. i'm still not convinced theres nothing dodgy in them because of the way they effected me and don't want to lose my job (i get drug tested randomly!).

if you really want to lose weight, you have to diet and exercise :( don't waste your time or money on silly pills. none of them actually do anything. if they did, we'd all know about it and we'd all be taking them.

the only one i know that is supposed to work (which everyone knows about) is that alli that can get off your doctor and buy in boots. you have to have a bmi of 28 or over to get that though which i'm guessing you don't. i'd never get it anyway though. apparently the effects of taking it are pretty disgusting.
  • Options
    As far as I know there are two types - the amphetamine based ones which make you burn more energy, and the ones that interfere with your digestion.

A friend was on the former, and lost quite a bit of weight - but his family went through hell as it did really quite unpleasant things to his personality. When he came off them the weight went back on - although he was under a lot of stress at the time.

The later, well, I'm much too scared of an Alli-oops to ever use them.
  • Options
    Hi Lipsy,

It seems like you are considering taking some kind of diet pill? It's great that you have come onto the boards to get some advice, you've been given some good tips.

These two articles may be of use to you when thinking about diet / slimming pills.

As has been dicussed the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat a balanced diet and exercise. If you make permanent healthy changes to the way you think about and prepare food, then you are more likely to keep any lost weight off.

Taking any kind of chemical has it's possible side effects, so if you are going to go down the road of getting the slimming pills, be sure to research the clinic you intend to get them off and ensure they are registered to practice. We would never advocate getting any pills / medication over the internet, for obvious reasons.

Take care and keep posting :D